94.7 MTB Race bottle necks

Spinsei

Did the mtb race in 2009/2010 and said never again cs of the litter and bottle neck. A shame this has not been seen to yet.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some okes crossed the river from the bottleneck and probably cut out 30 mins or more if riding

They are not even walking.....no thanks.Not my idea of riding

That's the nature of this race.

Too many fat aunties who can't even ride through a puddle.

Hats off for competing though.

Solution: get a better seeding and race from the front

Lots of experienced riders i know would have struggled with that particular stretch of the course which was way to difficult for the average weekend joe.The organisers stuffed up, thats it!

Lekker man lekker.

How many years now and this race still hasn't got it sorted.

Seems that all important 'flow' is no longer relevant.

To the lady that crossed the R55 at the traffic light where you all went towards an estate and then left up the climb.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, she said "we like to make roadies wait"

It's a race, we all have to wait and one day when I am big, I would also like to be a hardcore mountain biker like her.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Biggest mistake ever doing this race,standing stil for a total of 85 minutes, what a joke?And they actually charge people money to do this?There are so many better events to do around this country..Take this one off the calendar..

Edited by 26er

Maybe some of these bottleneck sheep will consider entering Enduros?

At this stage Enduro has 50 to 100 entrants. Such a brilliant format: you give the guy ahead of you a minute or two, start the clock and then bomb down the single track after him. You usually don't even see any other riders on your runs.

My son did the 30 km and did very well (even though he had to ride with the U16's who all seems to be animals with super human powers - there does not seem to be a U15 group) with no bottlenecks. He said the course was amazing and much better for splitting off from the 50 km this year. We were home, showered and resting by 11. I think the secret is to start seeded and in the front of the pack, although the 50km seemed to have loads of entries!

He would also dearly love to do enduros, so please let us know where to find them. He is currently saving up to buy an enduro bike.

Edited by ProudMom

I did the 55km for the 2nd and last time.... will not be back at the 94.7 again! who ever made this course and included that rocky decent for a "family" ride was just either stupid or thought it would be funny! i was lucky i got there before the bottleneck and rode it. how was that drop off at the bottom?!! that was a very tricky, rocky and loose section.... in a way its good people walked it because if some people rode it they would have come short on those sharp Pellendaba rocks!! :(

Why dont they just take out the single track?

These mtb races for the masses are on open farm gravel roads these days anyways.

Then you get the okes that whine there is no singletrack... like me

BUT, Im very selective with the races Ill do so I dont have to whine and therefore enjoy my beer 110% at the end

A1 guys walked the bottleneck section by that water tank as well. Very nice piece of track but i can see it would have been a killer an hour after i went through. Advendurance have only "solved" this problem by limiting the number of entrants to their events. 1500 people who are slow is gonna kill anyones ambition. Agree with general comments that with this number of entrants, you need at least 2 pieces of track for the entire course otherwise it will be a joke and frustrating. Give a 2 to 4 km chicken run option to people who can not (or should not ) do the 250 m of that single track. i.e. the old route around that water tank. Otherwise i enjoyed the race.

My son did the 30 km and did very well (even though he had to ride with the U16's who all seems to be animals with super human powers - there does not seem to be a U15 group) with no bottlenecks. He said the course was amazing and much better for splitting off from the 50 km this year. We were home, showered and resting by 11. I think the secret is to start seeded and in the front of the pack, although the 50km seemed to have loads of entries!

He would also dearly love to do enduros, so please let us know where to find them. He is currently saving up to buy an enduro bike.

J has improved so much and I'm also extremely proud of him. Well done!!!

We can discuss the Enduro bike. I have a couple of ideas...