Hit and Run in Bloemfontein

Vetseun

Faarrrrrrk!

Hope your son and buddy are both 100% soon.

I have said this and been flamed for it before, but I will say it again. There is no such thing as an accident in this type of incident. The piece of trash knew he was drunk and deliberately got in his car and drove. He (and all other drunk driver) should be charged with 3 counts each of attempted murder, assault with intent, etc. He does not deserve anything other than a long long time in jail.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet Seun, really glad your son is ok , hope your mate will be able to make a full recovery and be able to ride again.

Please keep us informed as to what happens to this #@#@ , hopefully its attempted murder with many a moons behind bars.

Hope the bikes were insured.

Holy ******* shitballs.

Thats crazy.

Thank God you guys are all ok.

All these cycling accidents...

Im starting to think i should rather play more golf seeing as all the golfers have become MTBrs.

Geez. Glad you are all alive and able to live another day. Hope the scumbag gets what is coming to him.

Myself, my Son and my good friend were on a training ride this afternoon.

We came off a gravel road onto a section of tarmac.

Riding single file, me at the front, my son behing me and my friend at the back.

I heard a vehicle approaching and warned the others.

Suddenly we were hit from behind by a bakkie.

My son came flying over my head.

My friend dissapeared, somehow the vehicle missed me.

The driver of the white Isuzu bakkie looked in his rear view mirror, by this time about 70 meters down the road, put foot down and chased away.

My son was lying in the road winded and groaning,

My buddy was lying in the veld lights out.

The paramedic arrived pretty fast.

My son is back home after a check up, bruised and grazed.

My friend is in hospital with a broken leg and ankle and a damaged damaged back, major cuts ans lacerations.

The drunken coward that hit us was missing.

I got a call from the police about an hour ago to take the damaged bikes to the police station.

While I was there, it came over the radio that the bakkie had been traced and the driver arrestedpost-16512-0-74456900-1384198678_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-04281200-1384198706_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-47205600-1384198777_thumb.jpg

Dips told me about this last night . im truely sorry you had to all go through this . im so glad your Son is ok, i feel for your friend and wish him the best , glad you ok too.

Bicycles can be replaced , lives cant .

All the best with the recovery .

There cant many things worse than witnessing your child being taken out. Thank God he is ok. I hope this doesnt make him scared of cycling in the future. Sterkte vir die hele vet familie.

Sterkte met die herstel proses. Die fisiese beserings so wel as geestelik.

Almal se hulle is bly julle is OK. Sekerlik maar is mens OK na so ondervinding.

En dit as gevolg van een dronk idioot.

Dalk moet iemand sy bail betaal en dan op die single track op julle roete gaan begrawe dat ne sy kop uitsteek.

Die mtb'ers op die roete kan dan besluit of hulle die "klip" in die pad wil mis.

So bly om te hoor dat jul nie ernstiger beseer is nie, kon so maklik soveel ernstiger gewees het. Maak seker dat die mees ernstigste klagte moontlik teen die $@#%^#@ gebring word.

Voorspoed met jul herstel proses (joune ook, al is jy nie getref nie, die trauma / skok is erg genoeg.)

A Commuter was killed on the R44 outside Stellenbosch yesterday afternoon. Got taken out by a Taxi who then attempted to flee the scene. He however was forced to stop a short distance from the accident to repair / swop a flat wheel, and got apprehended.

Blikskottel dik tjom, every time I look at those pics I can't help but thinking you were surrounded by angels.

+1

Laat weet asb wanneer dit in die koerant is. Dalk moet ons buite die hof met fietse en plakkate gaan betoog of iets?? Dit kan nie so aangaan nie. Die *** mentaliteit van motoriste moet ent kry. Daar is fietse kyk uit vir ons.

Bly julle is OK. EK weet nie hoe mens weer op `n fiets klim na dit nie. Is dit rerig die moeite werd?