Hit and Run in Bloemfontein

Vetseun

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two cyclists were hit by a vehicle in Bloem again yesterday. Apparently one has passed away. Awaite further details.

:(

Husband still critical, but sadly wife passed away. 3 small kids not even in school, training for first Epic - Francois Oosthuizen, Twitter.

:unsure:

Hectic I get goose bumps just thinking abt it, it could easily be any of us if we encounter a negligent driver, the sad reality is irrespective how responsible we may be as cyclists our lives are in the hands of the motorists.

Condolences to their families.

Rip sister.

This makes me feel sick and hits hard. My wife and I go on long rides together on Saturday mornings, training for the 70.3, leaving our daughter at my mom. Stuff like this makes you wonder why we do this.

Condolences to the family.

This makes me feel sick and hits hard. My wife and I go on long rides together on Saturday mornings, training for the 70.3, leaving our daughter at my mom. Stuff like this makes you wonder why we do this.

Condolences to the family.

I know how you feel, always hate road riding and sometimes you just cant get away from it.

Have you considered training in the various MTB parks and leave the road riding for closed roads at races?

It's not ideal but its an option.

Shucks...this is all over the news here in Stellenbosch...did not know the wife passed away!

so sad....so avaidable!!!

RIP and best to the remaining families...

Vettes - ****...I did not even know of this ordeal of yours....cold shivers here as I'm typing..

how is the little dude taking this trauma?

strongs...

Just wait till Big H hears about this. I'm deeply saddened by this accident. Could have been my mother or father who cycles the same road. RIP fellow cyclists

All I can say it is sad that this happened.

The use of freeways by cyclists has been discussed enough and this is not the place to debate this.

It looks like it happened in front of the Engen One Stop.

Sad and unnecessary

RIP cyclists and condolences to the families and friends. We pray for those injured.

just saw this now, vetseun, sorry to hear this *** news but glad that your laaitjie and your chom are ok (ish). Sterkte maat, fo kken dronk gatte...... maak my soo die moerin....