Race Report: FNB Wines2Whales Race 2013

Matt

On a day when most of the country was braaing to celebrate our country’s heritage my Wines2Whales partner and I were out fine-tuning our bunny-hopping prowess. Towards the end of an already enjoyable ride we made the decision to do “just one more lap” of a little circuit in Tokai.

Click here to view the article

Just checked - 3 Danes did the race. That has got to be some sort of record. Nice report Matt.

Seems like the Danes had a knack for falling off bikes this weekend ;)

Nice report Matt.

Glad to hear your partner was able to ride after all. Now you know - titanium enhanced cyclists stop at NOTHING!

I completed the RIDE and looking back I really enjoyed it. Day 1 was a monster with that climb over Grabouw, but all in all lovely riding with amazing scenery and FNB supporting people all the way!

Great post. I really like the day 2 picture on the bridge. Wish I had one. Day 2 was just the best. We had quite a wind and finished in the rain on Day 3 of the Ride, but these were probably the best three days of mountain biking I've had. Gauteng trail builders can definitely learn from these guys.