Ramsgate December Rides

Milkworx

Hi guys,

I'm going on holiday in Ramsgate area between 22Dec and 3 Jan.

Training for Ironman 70.3 so need some road rides (around 90k will be nice, but shorter or longer will be cool)

Also taking the MTB :)

1. Does anyone know of group ride's in the area? (first prize)

2. Anyone want to join me for rides ?

3. Any suggestions on routes to ride?

Thanks!

I'll be in the area, a bit further down towards glenmore roughly the same dates. For mtb clearwater trails in port Edward are very nice if you're interested. For group rides, try duracycles in uvongo or concept cyclery in Shelley beach.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in the area, a bit further down towards glenmore roughly the same dates. For mtb clearwater trails in port Edward are very nice if you're interested. For group rides, try duracycles in uvongo or concept cyclery in Shelley beach.

Great, will do so thanks...and will contact you closer to the dates to set something up!

Howzit!

I'm also in the area (san lameer) from 17th till about 28th, taking the mtb but there are some nice road loops. Duracycles group ride is always a lot of fun.

Clearwater trails rock. Anyone want to head there won't have to twist my arm too hard. There's a great road loop to get there for anyone who wants to put some big miles (probably not me), where you get to do a 400m climb. Not that there's much flat around there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I are in Leisure Bay, between Glenmore and Port Edward. Did our first ride this morning. Humid, hot and not as flat as our trails in Jhb... Not training for the Iron Man but keen to go fit into Sabie(MTB) in the new year. Happy with any company on the routes. Going to set up a WhatsApp group for communication.. Send me your number if you want to be part of it. Only me and the wife on it at the moment :)

083 427 3311

Beaver creek also have mtb trails, I have never rode there but mabey it is cool.

Beaver Creek and Clearwater are pretty much next door and it's the same trails.