Hat-trick for Team NuWater CVT in the 2013 Coronation Double Century

Matt

After cycling 202km in perfect racing conditions, Team NuWater CVT achieved their third consecutive win as they were crowned winners of the 21st Coronation Double Century in a record breaking time of 05:09:04.  NuWater CVT out-cycled second placed Team Balamony Investments by just over 20 minutes to clinch the coveted title while Team HotChillee, who had Team Sky’s Ben Swift riding for them, held off some stiff competition from the remaining teams to claim third place in the men’s category.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to RaceTec, Team HotChillee finished SEVENTH!! Please explain?

Yeah something is strange about that third place. I couldn't see Ben Swift's time, therefore they technically only had five riders crossing the mat? It would be great if somebody can explain.

Edit: Sorry, Ben's time is there so not sure what's up.

Re Team HotChillee: our 6th rider's ( Nicholas Dlamini) timing chip wasn't properly linked so the result you see is for our 7th rider to cross the line. The problem was resolved yesterday before prize giving with the race commissioner.

Congratulations to NuWater CVT - they are in a league of their own.

Racing with Ben, Nic, Dan and the rest of the HotChillee team was an amazing, if not pain filled, experience. I'm looking forward to next year already.

Re Team HotChillee: our 6th rider's ( Nicholas Dlamini) timing chip wasn't properly linked so the result you see is for our 7th rider to cross the line. The problem was resolved yesterday before prize giving with the race commissioner.

We q

Yeah something is strange about that third place. I couldn't see Ben Swift's time, therefore they technically only had five riders crossing the mat? It would be great if somebody can explain.

Edit: Sorry, Ben's time is there so not sure what's up.

The Hot Chillee result is being investigated further. Their result was queried at the finish.

We (Moore Stephens) passed HC on the 170km mark with 9 riders strong.

HC were already down to 5 riders at this stage and were scattered on the road, no organisation.

One also has to consider Team Swift Carbon, Park Cycles and Bluff Meats who's positions are also being effected here!

Edited by Rich.Carbon

We caught Hot Chillee at the 195km mark and they did have six riders. They still came sprinting past us when we turned left at the finish.

The time on the official result is correct for Hot Chillee, we parked next to them in the feed zone and we left three minutes after them, because that was the time we needed to make up on them for 2nd place.

Hotchillee sponsored a development team, this could be part of the reason some riders beleived they passed them on the road?

Hotchillee sponsored a development team, this could be part of the reason some riders beleived they passed them on the road?

They did have different kit though, one was black and one was white and blue

Congratulations to NuWater CVT - they are in a league of their own.

Racing with Ben, Nic, Dan and the rest of the HotChillee team was an amazing, if not pain filled, experience. I'm looking forward to next year already.

well done dude... you have no idea how glad I am NOT to be a part of this years team.

you guys were amazing...

Ok was it Nuwater or Bonitas that won the event :whistling:

It was the Bonita's / Abantu team that won the event with 2 NU Water riders.....

We saw HC with 6 riders on 5km to.

I was at the finish watching teams come over and HC had 6 although Swift was basically dragging Dlamini over the line.