Thule Proride vs Outride

travisza

I was told by the dealer that the Pro Ride is better for Carbon framed bikes. For Alu frames he said it does not really make a difference.

Sorry might have confused it with the freeride.

Well it all depends if you want to remove the front wheel everytime you load it I think. Will it be for a road bike or moantain bike? I am not to sure how good those kind of loading systems is for the fork?

Just checked...outride better for carbon according to website.

Not fussed about removing front wheel, takes 2 seconds and I do it currently anyway.

its for a road bike (carbon) so I think outride is the way to go

The website gives carbon as an example of a sensitive frame to be used with the Outride as you don't need to clamp the frame. That's the main difference between the two. With the Outride you remove the front wheel and clamp the fork whilst with the Proride you clamp the frame directly. I've got the Proglide (but only aluminium framed bikes), but have a couple of friends that uses the Proglide with carbon frames with no issues. It's real easy to use. Remember you'll have to put the front wheel somewhere when you remove it on the Outride...