Thule G2 3 Bike Platform rack - opinion needed

Bosbrommer

Hi Hubbers,

I need your expert opinion on the Thule G2 platform rack. They retail at about 7k for the 3 bike and that is a lot of cash for a bike rack and that is why I first want some feedback from anyone that currently owns one.

I have looked at cheaper platform racks but the ease of loading the rack to the car on the Thule is a selling point to me at this stage.

Also, I see the manual refer to when using carbon frames on the rack, that I need to contact the manufacturer of the frame first to see if the frame can be used on the rack? I am assuming this is just to safeguard Thule. Cant think that the clamps can cause damage? Or am I wrong?

What do you guys think about the Thule platform racks? I only want to buy once therefore I like the quality of the Thule products.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks

Krynauw

Got the 2 Bike Euroway and its awesome! Yes it was expensive but worth every cent. I use it for MTB & roadbike - both carbon. Use a cloth to protect frame when securing.

Best bike rack I have ever owned... Will never use anything else... No hanging of bikes and getting scratches...

Its ideal...!!!

Hi, I have the G2 Thule, it is a awesome bikerack, love the tilt back option, and the ratches to tie down the bike, with a 5 year warrenty at Thule... Its Very solid on my car also.

Where can I get the best price on the 2 bike Euroway?

If you can manage it, get a 3 bike rack while you're at it. In my experience it's only a matter of time before you'll need one.