Are you ready for a Big MTB Year?

Matt

A mountain bike event like no other. There is no start or finish. No short route or long route. In fact, no set route at all. Just you, your bike and any of the selected trails around SA. Big MTB Year is the brainchild of the team at EcoBound events. The same team behind some of the stalwarts of the mountain biking calendar ('Trans Baviaans' and 'To Hell and Back', to name just two).

Click here to view the article

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the interview on supercycling last week Think its a great idea. Only problem you have to use their smart phone app. Battery life can be a problem with GPS enabled. You cant use your Garmin to download your rides to their site.

Edited by F111

Saw the interview on supercycling last week Think its a great idea. Only problem you have to use their smart phone app. Battery life can be a problem with GPS enabled. You cant use your Garmin to download your rides to their site.

If you use the correct smart phone, it would work. I don't use a garmin, I use Endomondo on my Galaxy to track my rides.

Awesome idea, and the app is loaded with information of the tracks. Good thing they use a smartphone, because imagine using a Garmin and just exporting the file and sharing it with everyone?

Edited by Dom the Don

Great Idea, funny how the website has no mention of R200 for the app.

Still not sold on the idea of not being able to use your Garmin/ Bryton,etc. cant see my smart phone lasting a full ride with GPS and data on.

I think there are gonna be a few technical issues to sort out but im super keen!

On the site it says 1 Dec, but I can't find the app...

Site says app will be available 15 December, cant release earlier as the Big MTB Year starts on the 15th and people might get a head start, lol