World TRI Champs this weekend

pastapouch

smiley20.gifSince there are a few thiathletes on the site, just a good luck to our athletes in Switzerland competing on Sunday.

a Few names : Corinne Berg(U23), Hendrik De Villiers(Elite Men), Mari Rabi, Kate Robert(elite woman), Erhardt Wolfaardt(U23),Travis Cambell, , Tiaan Rossouw(25-29agm)

For those of you with the bandwidth over the weekend, do yourself a favour and watch the mens race on www.triathlon.org. Hendrik is one of the top contenders after his win in the London Triathlon a few weeks back and has a good chance of a medal.

Haven't heard if Andrea Horak is competing but she finished 2nd at the U23 World Duathlon Champs and would definitely be up there. Jaco Muller won the 18-19 men World Duathlon Champs and usually these guys compete in both disciplines so there is another potential victor. Things are looking good in multisport.

One medal is the AWAD (disabled athletes) section for Chris Wagner. Mention must also be made of Lizelle Smit, 5th in the 18-19 women and Anel Stewart, 4th in the 25-29 women's category.

Today is the U23 and Elite's where Erhardt and Hendrik are competing respectively.