What is your dream 1 day race? Suggest a NEW race

carbon29er

We have the Argus, the 94.7, Attakwas, Karoo2Coast, the DC, the One Tonner,

BUT

what is the next "proper" cycling race, the next "must do" 1 day race, either road or MTB.

It must be new, in other words it's not a race that is currently on offer. Could be scenic, could be a team event, could be really hard, could be family friendly etc.

Just name your ride a fantasy.

Must be a 1 day event.

What is your idea?

Edit: added highlight red to the new bit

Edited by carbon29er

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always fantasised about a one day race which includes a MTB and then a Road leg, around the Grabouw / Elgin / Oak Valley area, great MTB trails, some nice tarmac. 50 Km Mtb then 100 km on road

that will be heaven, road race to start in Franshoek

Start in Liege and race through the Ardenes.Through Hoffalize and Basogne and finish in Namur.......about 220km.

Edited by gummibear

Start in Stellies and head over Sir Lowry's onto Grabouw, over Viljoens pass onto Villiersdorp and then over Franschhoek pass down to Pniel and then up Hells, through Stellies towards R44 heading to Paarl and then onto Du Toits kloof finishing on top.

Edited by Cippo

We have the Argus, the 94.7, Attakwas, Karoo2Coast, the DC, the One Tonner,

BUT

what is the next "proper" cycling race, the next "must do" 1 day race, either road or MTB.

It must be new, in other words it's not a race that is currently on offer. Could be scenic, could be a team event, could be really hard, could be family friendly etc.

Just name your ride a fantasy.

Must be a 1 day event.

What is your idea?

I wonder how many people actually read through the whole OP.

I would like a race, starting in Worcester, through bains kloof all the way to Simonstown, and finishing in Houtbay. Would be the closest to Euro classics you can get.

I would like a race, starting in Worcester, through bains kloof all the way to Simonstown, and finishing in Houtbay. Would be the closest to Euro classics you can get.

Onthou net hier in worcester het ons nie stop strate nie, net wen strepe....

But the concept sounds nice!

A coastal ride would be really cool, like maybe a relay of some sort starting at Strand and going all the way along the coast(baden Powell) meeting up on Muizenberg main road, then Argus route through to Town, left at the putt putt in sea point sticking with beach road, through the waterfront, onto the N1 just till MArine Drive and then all the way down Marine Drive through to MelkBos/ Tableview as a finish... (Praying the weather plays its part) LOL

I don't think you can actually do a race in the boland and the peninsula...no viable road route through the cape flats.

however, how kick ass would this be?

start in franschoek, go do du toitskloof pass, slanghoek valley*, bainskloof, klap the r44 south all the way to somerset west. gordon's bay. check the big attacks come on rooi els hill. finish in betty's bay/kleinmond.

*unfiortunately this would include some N1 section. not much but any is too much

Road: Something that takes in the Cherry Farm climb and the passes around that way on the way to CT with some cobbles thrown in if you can find any. Always wanted to climb Sir Lowrys from both sides so maybe something that takes the coast and the climbs. Don't reckon you'd ever get to block off a lane on the N2 though!

Through the N1 tunnel and that pass... it's incredible on the way to Robertson.

Something different. UnionDale to Plett' with a mix of gravel and road for CX bikes.

Edited by hellocolour