Review: FUNN Combat II grips

Claudio

Nice review, dude... Where did you get them from? Not many FUNN stockists out there!

I got them, and other Funn products, from the distributors, Larc Distributors (http://www.larcdistributors.co.za/). They are currently looking for more retailers for Funn products, so they are not the most available products out there. But I have contacted them and are waiting for the response. He will either contact you directly or I will get back to you.

Thanks for the review Claudio. Just on the white grips ..... they also come in black and grey :)

cpt armpies .... we have samples that we have been showing the market place. We have decided to offer the FUNN product line Online as well as through interested stores. This way we believe we will have a wider market. This will only happen in the new year.

If there is anything in particular that you need let me know and I will see if we have it for you.

Cheers

Andrew

Ja, and? Have any retailers shown an interest? It's not as if they do the same as ritchey did, and are offering to sell at lower prices dorect to public than the LBS were able to offer. They're offering direct sales ad the only option. Nothing wrong with that.

Seems like Andrew & Ryan are planning on selling directly via their website to the end client, which leave no room for any retailers to take on these products........??

Huh? It's called market segments, some people only buy at lbs, or the guys that want to see goods in person and choose what they want on the spot, or the guys with lots of money and don't care about the price they just want their toys now not a few days later ordering it online.... lots of space, even other online retailers will still have plenty room, people order where they feel comfortable or where they can buy their favorite tyres at the same time.

How many online Retailers sell shimano products yet every brick store lbs in the country still sells shimano products by the bucket load...

@jimivaughn your argument is silly. MANY manufacturers sell their products directly off their own websites as well as through retailers. And why wouldn't they? Obviously they don't undercut their retailers.

Eish.....so it's "fair" for the importer to make importer's % & retail %.....bread buttered on both sides.

All the best, just don't expect retailers or LBS to coming knocking down your door for product, cause you're not Shimano, SRAM, etc. so they can get by without selling your products.

As I'm saying, all the best for 2014 !

You're missing the point. If they don't do it they won't sell anything...

No demand because the consumer isn't aware of the product -> Retailer won't stock it because consumer isn't asking for it -> No sales. Chicken and egg. Direct sales is the obvious way to make the consumer aware and make it easier to eventually get the product into retail. Perhaps you went to a different kind of business school than i did.

Hi Jimmi

Our intentions are to put FUNN as a brand on the map FUNN does not have the same brand reputation of Shimano and cannot be compared. If we had a good uptake with stores perhaps it would not be an option to offer online. Very often this approach actually drives sales to stores due to the awareness of the product and customer wanting to collect immediately. We would sell at full retail and our stores will compete on a level playing field.We were recently at the African Cycle Fair where we showed our FUNN line. Consumers were excited and were begging us to sell from our stand. Stores that we have showed so far have not had the same excitement to the brand and we as a company have decided that we need to change this by creating a wider audience and market awareness. Our prefered online approach would be to utilize a current online store but you would know first hand that they are even more reluctant to carry stock and drop ship for lots of their lines.