Bike Jacking at gun point

Wolverene

Yesterday at about 11h00 a friend was bike jacked by guys in a white Toyota Hilux bakkie with a rag tied on tow bar of bakkie. This happened near Cape Point Reserve. he was pretty traumatized as they kept a gun to his head so there's not much details. Apparently this is not the first time i've heard about this white bakkie, they been operating Athlone - Lansdowne area not too long ago. Please keep a look out for this bakkie when going out in Cape Town region. Also if you see this bike for sale at pawn shops or from drug houses please let us know.

post-32766-0-25015800-1388740489_thumb.jpg

Hope your friend recovers from ordeal. It's not advisable for anyone to train alone in that area. Stick to busy areas with lots of traffic. Be safe out there.

.............................This happened near Cape Point Reserve. .................................

:cursing: :cursing: Seriously sucks :cursing: :cursing:

But roads in this area can easily be blockaded by police because there are basically 2 routes in and out. The quicker the cops can be alerted, the better. Hopefully they'll catch the bastards soon.

:cursing: :cursing: .... terrible.

Glad your friend is not hurt.....

Sounds lkike the same bakkie that operated in the Athlone - Lansdowne area.... but this time there is a gun involved..... :cursing: hope they get caught soon before someone gets hurt...

:cursing: :cursing: Seriously sucks :cursing: :cursing:

But roads in this area can easily be blockaded by police because there are basically 2 routes in and out. The quicker the cops can be alerted, the better. Hopefully they'll catch the bastards soon.

by the time the cops decide to blockade the road, the perps will be long gone. Our police force have much to learn from american counterparts!

At least the rider was not injured!!

Flippen pateties, maak my siek dat sulke sleg lui bliksems ons paaie patrol net om onskuldige ryers se hard verdiende geld en plesier af te vat vir hulle eie genot

I have been riding my loop around Cape Point daily for the past week - trying to ignore the fact that this happened to my firend's son a short while ago and just riding my heart out.

On the evening of Wednesday the 1st, my mother's colleagues husband got held up at gunpoint between Ocean View and Soetwater/Scarborough. They took his beloved bike which he cannot afford to replace, I believe it is a Bianchi. I am short on details regarding the perps and bike but will update as soon as possible.

It's sickening how easy it is for them to continue doing this and get away with it every time. What can we do though? You can't always ride in a group, it's difficult to find a dedicated ride buddy at the same level and with the same mindset as your own.

Would be nice to be able to rendezvous at a set time and place on weekdays/weekends so that the guys that usually ride on their own can ride in small groups.