Polar V800

SwissVan

Does anyone know why sometimes the heart rate display figure changes to a different shade of white compared to other data figures. I've seen it happen a few time where the HR number goes to a less bright / greyish color compared to the other data figures.

Have you paired your sensor with the watch via bluetooth?

It seems like this indicates that it is using Gymlink to get your heartrate like when swimming.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you paired your sensor with the watch via bluetooth?

It seems like this indicates that it is using Gymlink to get your heartrate like when swimming.

Not that I'm aware of...eh don't even know what gymlink is

I paired it to the watch in the very beginning when I got the watch, that's it

Funny that you mention that, a few weeks ago I noticed the same thing when I went running with my wife and not only did it change color but also was picking up her heart rate instead of mine... and she got mine...was really confusing.

This happened after I selected the outdoor running mode while standing in the apartment elevator right next to my wife. But I have also seen it before this when I have been running or cycling on my own...

Last night when I took this picture I was just starting my IDT session and she had just got back from a run and was stretching on the mat next to my IDT.... but it was my HR being displayed.

Edit: Wife has the Polar M400

Edited by SwissVan

Not that I'm aware of...eh don't even know what gymlink is

I paired it to the watch in the very beginning when I got the watch, that's it

Funny that you mention that, a few weeks ago I noticed the same thing when I went running with my wife and not only did it change color but also was picking up her heart rate instead of mine... and she got mine...was really confusing.

This happened after I selected the outdoor running mode while standing in the apartment elevator right next to my wife. But I have also seen it before this when I have been running or cycling on my own...

Last night when I took this picture I was just starting my IDT session and she had just got back from a run and was stretching on the mat next to my IDT.... but it was my HR being displayed.

Edit: Wife has the Polar M400

Gymlink is the analogue way Polar uses to transmit HR so that the watch can be used while swimming since BT doesn't transmit under water.

I would say to tray and unpair and pair when your missus' sensor is not closeby.

I have had the same problem, when I press start, to find the GPS signal and heart rate before I start exercise, there is no heart rate, but it finds the GPS, when I start the exercise it then shows my heart rate, but in faint white(almost grey) I spoke to the guys at Polar when in Knysna but I didn't have strap with me at the time. But from what I got told, it sounds like the problem is the Bluetooth, either transmitter or receiver.  They say it has to go into Polar to be checked out....

Love my V800 but what a pain in the ass

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having problems editing their Sport Profiles online on the Polar Flow site? I've been able to change 2 of my 4 profiles but the other 2 just hang.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried charging the V800 during an event? I've read that it's possible, but I'd like to know for sure. I need it to last for about 20 hours, but also need my speed & distance to be accurate. In power save mode it takes a reading every 1 minute, so not sure how accurate the distance/speed reading will be on a winding road. Also, can't seem to find out what "medium accuracy" means. It's supposed to give up to 23 hours, but don't know what the reading intervals are. I don't have a speed sensor.

Has anyone tried charging the V800 during an event? I've read that it's possible, but I'd like to know for sure. I need it to last for about 20 hours, but also need my speed & distance to be accurate. In power save mode it takes a reading every 1 minute, so not sure how accurate the distance/speed reading will be on a winding road. Also, can't seem to find out what "medium accuracy" means. It's supposed to give up to 23 hours, but don't know what the reading intervals are. I don't have a speed sensor.

Let me help you but you have clearly havent done a google search.

http://support.polar.com/e_manuals/V800/Polar_V800_user_manual_English/Content/Technical_Specification.htm

Sample rate: 1 s in high accuracy GPS recording ,30 s in medium accuracy GPS recording, 60 s in GPS power save mode

I haven't used my unit that long. But if you are planning to use it for about 20 hours I thing the power save mode of 1 reading every 60 sec are sufficient.

How long does your units battery currently last? If you only use it for training it is supposed to go for 11 hours on high accuracy GPS. 

As the battery gets older the battery life will also start to drop.

My suggestion is to use your currently battery life in comparison to the 11 hours and then determine which setting is going to give you enough time to complete your event.

Once the battery is almost completely flat. The GPS will turn off. This is to protect your data from getting lost.

Once this happens you will have about 30 min left of time tracking and HR readings.

Anyone with actual experience regarding charging during recording and speed/distance accuracy in power saving mode?

For those interested, it turns out that you can charge the V800 during recording, allowing you to save high accuracy data at long cycling events. During the 36ONE I connected my unit to a power bank at checkpoint 2 and took it off again at checkpoint 3. We rode at an easy pace and recorded 19H57, with 50% battery left at the end. Unfortunately my bum only lasted about 16 hours, so I was in pain for the last 4 hours!

For those interested, it turns out that you can charge the V800 during recording, allowing you to save high accuracy data at long cycling events. During the 36ONE I connected my unit to a power bank at checkpoint 2 and took it off again at checkpoint 3. We rode at an easy pace and recorded 19H57, with 50% battery left at the end. Unfortunately my bum only lasted about 16 hours, so I was in pain for the last 4 hours!

How did you charge DURING recording.... i mean that bladdy crocodile clip connection is not exactly conducive to charging on the move, or did you take it off your bike / arm and only charge it for a short time while at the checkpoints? Which mode did you have it in High, medium accuracy or power save?

It could have been done neater, I know, but it was in the middle of the night and I was in a hurry!

hubmarket-3222-0-28312900-1493105889_med

Hehe boer maak n plan ????

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

My V800 just died completely ... over the last 6 months it started glitching ... side buttons didn't function completely anymore, and this weekend it seemed to have taken in some water.

Worked really well with the Polar OH1.

I see there is a V800 available in the classifieds for R1950? .... Should I negotiate ..... or do start looking at whatever's out there (new-tech) for saltwater and swim-bike-run?

1 hour ago, EddieV said:

My V800 just died completely ... over the last 6 months it started glitching ... side buttons didn't function completely anymore, and this weekend it seemed to have taken in some water.

Worked really well with the Polar OH1.

I see there is a V800 available in the classifieds for R1950? .... Should I negotiate ..... or do start looking at whatever's out there (new-tech) for saltwater and swim-bike-run?

You can pick them up for between R1800 and R2500 (I have) preferably with a working stap and HRM (H1 or preferably H10).

As a GPS tracker they are excellent (accurate) but it all depends on its secondhand condition. For running and triathlons the V800 still gives accurate readings with a chest strap. Watch based LEDs can be less accurate on heart rate. Newer watches have got newer software features so it's a toss up on which way you go.

I had mine (V800 that I purchased new) conk on me but it was within it's warrantee so polar SA gave me a new one.

Try allowing your watch to cool down before plunging it into cold water. The drop in temperature could cause a drop in the pressure inside the watch that could allow for water to enter the watch.

Good luck with decision...