Majik Forest and Protea Hotel Durbanville

Raydek

When I picked up my club board the other day at the hotel I noticed a lot of cars with bike carriers in the parking lot, is the hotel happy for riders to park there and go ride?

I ask because I have seen many patches of broken car window glass on the side of the road near the entrance to the trail, seems its a common place for theft.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you may park there or you can park at the Spar at the top entrance

Awesome, thanks for the info... :)

I think at one stage they had specials especially for mountain bikers and discount at the hotel restaurant for food or coffee.

I think at one stage they had specials especially for mountain bikers and discount at the hotel restaurant for food or coffee.

Just confirmed, you still get discounts, flash your membership card :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Hi, doing my first mtb ride this weekend.. I've been told Majik forest is a good place to start so I plan on trying it out this weekend.. Do i need to be a member or can I buy a day pass of some sorts?

8_Mad, Majik is free to ride and it is an awesome spot.

Awesome!! I found a map somewhere and there was an area marked "members only".

I'm a bit anxious but very excited to get out there..

You enter at the bottom at the vineyard and ride up, up, up and then down through the forest. Go all the way to the top, the ride down is worth it. There are some tricky bits near the top and the singletrack near the very bottom can be quite tight but it's a great ride, especially if you don't need to ride further than 15km.

Protea Hotel

A free cup of coffee every morning before 12:00

20% discount on breakfast

20% discount on weekly restaurant specials (highlighted on our blackboards)

Special rates on accommodation and other meals. Updates will be published in our newsletter

Awesome!! I found a map somewhere and there was an area marked "members only".

I'm a bit anxious but very excited to get out there..

Majik has two sides, the majik forest side and the Bloemendal farm side, Majik is free to anyone, Bloemendal you may only ride if you are a club member. And club members are allowed to park at the Protea Hotel as well as get discount upon displaying their membership card.

Thanks for the assistance guys, every bit of info helps when you a complete noob to this side of the sport as I am. Divernick, that route sounds good. Just got my first mtb yesterday, so I think I'll do a nice leisurely paced ride, don't want to run out of skill on my first ride lol. I have a feeling its going to be a steep but fun learning curve :thumbup:

Thanks for the assistance guys, every bit of info helps when you a complete noob to this side of the sport as I am. Divernick, that route sounds good. Just got my first mtb yesterday, so I think I'll do a nice leisurely paced ride, don't want to run out of skill on my first ride lol. I have a feeling its going to be a steep but fun learning curve :thumbup:

no insults to the guys who work hard on securing land for us to ride on, but I've ridden Majik once and we really didnt enjoy it. I would rather suggest going to Meerendal, its better marked (so you dont have to keep stopping and asking people where to go) much more beautiful and more fun.

no insults to the guys who work hard on securing land for us to ride on, but I've ridden Majik once and we really didnt enjoy it. I would rather suggest going to Meerendal, its better marked (so you dont have to keep stopping and asking people where to go) much more beautiful and more fun.

I must admit, getting lost is one of my concerns :blush:

If you are new to the game, then rather sharpen your skill set at Meerendal first.