Which Iphone Bike Mount (and app?)

Sbloomer

Polar does one

CycleOps does one

I can supply either.

Polar in the region of R995

Howzeeeet Tank!

Is the Polar the H7??

What is the cost of the CycleOps and which has the better features?

Trying to figure out how to get the missus up and running with Strava and get her heart rate using an iPhone5....

Howzeeeet Tank!

Is the Polar the H7??

What is the cost of the CycleOps and which has the better features?

Trying to figure out how to get the missus up and running with Strava and get her heart rate using an iPhone5....

Goooood and you bru!

Yup, it is the Polar H7 and in stock.

Not much in features, the Polar is a HR strap and would be sufficient for what wifey wants to use it for.

The Powercal (CycleOps) offers power output readings based on a heart rate algorithm. A bit of a overkill if you are not a stat geek and only chasing Strava segments. It also cost R1500 vs the Polar's R995.

Most Iphones are compatible with the H7, check the list here:

www.polar.com/ble

post-4352-1405336047,7898.jpg

Strava is the best app to use!

does it record power?

I've been searching for an all in one app for a while, and I seem to have found the holy grail

https://play.google....id.ipbike&hl=en

it supports all ANT+ devices, as well as BTLE. It can save as tcx/gpx/etc. It can even upload directly to strava/endomondo/runkeeper for you

Edited by fandacious

• 1 month later...

Feedback on the mount I got. Took the bike out on a MTB outing. Slaps a bit on the steerer, if things gets rough.

Got rain few days ago, got rather wet, nothing bad ensued.

Only problem I have is that my BT HRM does not work 100%. Not sure if it is the cover, will test later this week or on the weekend.

One great thing, I can charge my phone in the case. So the broken iPhone cable did not need replacement. Getting an powerbank tomorrow to power my phone on longer rides.

So this far, it is worth the buy.

I use Wahoo Rflkt to display data and keep phone in sealed bag in my pocket. Display is fully customisable. I like the fact I can make the letters bigger as I need reading glasses for most other displays..

L:

i am looking for something to mount my iphone 4S

I posted a link from buycycle.

Works well. Stands up to the beating of a 3-4 day commute.

Edited by François Marais

I use Polar beat because of the points issue with Discovery vitality.I also use cyclometer, all on my iPhone which I keep safely in my bike bag.i use Wahoo Realtk and a Wahoo Bluetooth HR monitor, I monitor all the data on the Realtk and the iPhone battery last a long time

• 1 month later...