[Event] Tour De PPA - 19/01/14

T-Bob

Must say the Elite bunch was pretty well behaved "White/center line" just wish we had longer racing 130/150km racing, a extra loop of Paardeberg would have made for more fun.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain me how PPA membership works?

I entered the 72km ride on race day and got a temp number. After the ride I could not find my results on racetec even though I wore my chip. I logged a query and they first indicated that I started in the wrong temp group (as far as I can recall there was only one temp group). When I queried this they said I did not get a result as I am not a PPA member. Do I understand this correctly that as a non PPA member you can enter a ride, but you wont get an official time on racetec? Another question is will I get a seeding if I enter before entries close?

Can someone please explain me how PPA membership works?

I entered the 72km ride on race day and got a temp number. After the ride I could not find my results on racetec even though I wore my chip. I logged a query and they first indicated that I started in the wrong temp group (as far as I can recall there was only one temp group). When I queried this they said I did not get a result as I am not a PPA member. Do I understand this correctly that as a non PPA member you can enter a ride, but you wont get an official time on racetec? Another question is will I get a seeding if I enter before entries close?

u need to be a ppa member to see your result - chip or no chip.

You will get a seeding if you join PPA. Your chip may not have been linked to your name. Look under unkownn for a number instead of name..

Join PPA and the discount per race will pay for itself :)

We arent all "Pro's" Raymond.

Totally agree....

Raymond if you cant perform at 110km dont blame the short races, if you want long races go to Europe and shine there if you make it, you should be able to easily break away and go solo since you prefer '150-180km races'

u need to be a ppa member to see your result - chip or no chip.

Is that really the case? I have not joined the PPA for years but my results are always up on racetec.

Is that really the case? I have not joined the PPA for years but my results are always up on racetec.

That will only be for non-PPA races like the Burger and the Argus because you / the organizers pay Racetec to do the timing). For the strictly PPA races it will only show members times because the PPA pay for the timing to be done by Racetec. The simple solution is to join the PPA. If you do their races regularly, the discounted race entry fees for members will pay for your membership. You will also get a seeding and be able to start with people of a similar ability, non members start at the back.

Yip sharing the same 24 hours a day you do and working 2 jobs.

@MTB_roadie come race at the Polkadraai series on Saturday "Elite" its nice and short for you Johan.

Most "Pros" in SA all have full time jobs. There is less than a handful that dont. You no different so please dont fool yourself as you are "Pro Cyclist Raymond Cox" are you not?

Last year I got my results on racetec without being a PPA member, dont know what has changed.

That will only be for non-PPA races like the Burger and the Argus because you / the organizers pay Racetec to do the timing). For the strictly PPA races it will only show members times because the PPA pay for the timing to be done by Racetec. The simple solution is to join the PPA. If you do their races regularly, the discounted race entry fees for members will pay for your membership. You will also get a seeding and be able to start with people of a similar ability, non members start at the back.

What did the R120 race fee go for then?

I will try and get PPA membership tomorrow (that section of their site is down). Hopefully it will be enough to get the results for the tour the ppa up on racetec.

What did the R120 race fee go for then?

I will try and get PPA membership tomorrow (that section of their site is down). Hopefully it will be enough to get the results for the tour the ppa up on racetec.

I am sure if you wore your chip and once you have paid up I am 100% sure you can get a time.

In defense of Cox - he does have a full time job - then he does part time photos for wedding etc - even worked New years day! He probably puts in more work time than 95% of Huber's do! He just chooses to sleep less so he can train! Should probably rename that account to wannabe "Pro Cyclist Raymond Cox."

As for longer races in 2 weeks time even us Vets need o race 144km at SA road champs - so it would be nice to see some longer races in the WP - considering the Elite / U23 are racing 180km at SA road champs. Its not quite the same, finishing a 110km funride then the Lights by Linea team going out for an extra 40km straight after the finish as a race of 160km. It almost was when we got the Phone call to say league prize giving was starting earlier and we raced back!

1525076_10152164079280406_488491736_n.jpg

1546276_10152164079645406_365933376_n.jpg

1555585_10152164073730406_753311759_n.jpg

1560416_10152164083435406_2109569275_n.jpg

Edited by Icycling

Presuming you're all CAT 1 riders in the last few posts, other than nrs 75-77.

Rather take this public chirping and bring it on in the starting chute of race #3.

It's getting really personal. Eish!

Edited by ' Dale