Very impressed with Cycle Lab Fourways

Piernas Flacas

Hello Hubbers!

I bought a new Silverback Slade 2 last Saturday at said store, had it prepped and fitted with no hassles. Very nice purchasing experience, I must say, and I couldn't wait to ride my new bike - you guys know how that is like: all you want to do is get the bike out of the shop and ride. So, when I read "No Tubes" on the side of the Maxxis Crossmark tyres, in the back of my mind assumed the tyres were really tubless and had sealant inside. The salesman probably assumed I knew what I was exactly buying. So, without questions asked and no warnings given, I took my bike home and next day morning I found myself 15 km away from home with multiple punctures in both tyres and no backup. The tyres had tubes and I didn't carry any spare tubes with me (thinking tubless tyres don't need tubes, right?) and no repair kit (tubless are puncture resistant, right?). Stupidity in the midst of excitement, I must say. So, I had to walk out of the bundus to the nearest road 1 km away and wait for GF to pick me up.

Dissapointed, I took the bike back to Cycle Lab and told Andrew, the shop manager, that even when the sales process was good I was dissapointed I didn't get any advice regarding the wheels, which happened to be "tubless ready" only. No advice on getting spare tubes or puncture kit. After all this is a MTB, right?

Without further questions Andrew took the bike in and got it ready the next day with new tyres and tubless conversion at no cost! Amazing. So, after struggling to put the bike inside the car I turned around, walked into the shop again and bought a Thule tow bar rack, a shock pump and gloves.

Cycle Lab, you have my business.

I had not so good service from them i was also told that the racing ralphs that comes with the merida xt carbon edition could manage the tubeless conversion i also requested new pedals to be fitted i was told to come back after 2days to take delivery of the new bike so that they can do the tubeless conversion and fit my speedo and pedals(even though i was told to come fetch my bike its ready and driving all the way from vanderbijlpark) i left there for 2 more days.

I came in on the saturday only to find nothing was done and the tyres can not handle the tubeless conversion i requested self sealing tubes to be fitted instead eand they fitted them for me only to find that on my 2nd ride was left with a flat with 2 small holes so much for self sealing tubes i was told you can also fit a plastick strip inside the rim to help prevent small thorns penetrating the tube they never recomended anything like that we are not all experts so their input and advise would help us a lot.i spent my 30k there and left

Pumped up to go for my first ride and to my diapointment i could even select my last 3 gears being a newby i had no clue to fix it after one of my buddys showed me how to adjust the jockey i was happy because i didnt have to go back to fourways for the 3rd time to fix something that should have been checked on a pdi

Cycle lab fourways needs to pull their socks up they also scratched my handlebar when they fitted the speedo i had to cover it with my light bracket to stop swearing everytime i look at the scratch

Cycle lab fourways lost me as a customer and would encourage no one to go the

Big up to merida this bike is awesome........