Cyclist down in Cape Town

Madone69

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost knocked down twice during last two riding...

The drivers didnt check... so I had to shout to them.... surprisingly no one said 'sorry' !!!!!!!!

I know most of drivers are good but some stupid guys are out there. Be careful..

so basically 2 days have gone by and the bloody cops haven't managed to catch him because they are too lazy or too stupid this guy has not shown up after running away? anyone know if he has actually come forward?

:cursing: :cursing: Fixed it :cursing: :cursing:

I mtb bike so I stay as far from the tar as possible. But last yr I decided to do a 2 days base tour or what ever with the local roadies and had to borrow a road bike.. I went out for a ride a couple of days before to get used to the bike and a truck nearly took me out ( I was preparing for the impact).. tell you what that tarmac can handle the dirt.

I almost knocked down twice during last two riding...

The drivers didnt check... so I had to shout to them.... surprisingly no one said 'sorry' !!!!!!!!

I know most of drivers are good but some stupid guys are out there. Be careful..

FALSE

I see that the Air Cooled Culture have also made an appeal on Facebook.

I have checked with AC Culture - the driver/owner is unknown to them - he does however live in Cape Town - the car is seen regularly arround town - so it's up to the cops now ----- like that's going to do a lot of good :thumbdown:

The Kharmann Ghia is no longer parked in Kloof Rd. The SAPS detective involved has been making progress.

The Kharmann Ghia is no longer parked in Kloof Rd. The SAPS detective involved has been making progress.

So, did the cops take it to the pound? That is what they should have done soon after the incident when the driver fled. Or did they leave it so long that the owner came to fetch it in the middle of the night?

Edited by DJR

That's a pretty little Kharmann. At least the cyclist is OK ... I hope the car eventually gets to a driver who treats life more responsibly too.

Edited by LeTurbo

Speaking about a Kharmann...has anybody seen my light blue Ghia? Parked it on Kloof road about a week ago. Got out of car and ran away cause' I was attacked by a cyclist :ph34r:

In all seriousness... Does anyone have an update? No one from the SAPS a hubber maybe...

SAPS have been in contact with all parties. Statements have been made and charge laid. It is probaby best not to undermine the process by posting detail at this stage.

SAPS have been in contact with all parties. Statements have been made and charge laid. It is probaby best not to undermine the process by posting detail at this stage.

thanks, if there's anything in the press please link it here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am the cyclist in this thread.

Sorry for only responding now, been out of action for a while.

Bike was totalled, headset completely broken and the steerer shreaded.

Cops, when you can speak to them, wont give me any details of the driver or what, if anything, has been done.

Still havent been able to get on a bike as lots of deep soft tissue damage.

Thank you to everyone who supported me, really appreciate it. Especially the cyclist who called the cops and ambulance I never got your details I am ashamed to admit.

Also thank you to Dr. Mc Collough who stopped and assisted me.

Hope to be back on a bike sometime next week.

Hi

I am the cyclist in this thread.

Sorry for only responding now, been out of action for a while.

Bike was totalled, headset completely broken and the steerer shreaded.

Cops, when you can speak to them, wont give me any details of the driver or what, if anything, has been done.

Still havent been able to get on a bike as lots of deep soft tissue damage.

Thank you to everyone who supported me, really appreciate it. Especially the cyclist who called the cops and ambulance I never got your details I am ashamed to admit.

Also thank you to Dr. Mc Collough who stopped and assisted me.

Hope to be back on a bike sometime next week.

best wishes in the healing exercise!