Spray paint rims - ss build

Craig8252

Hi all

I am busy building a new single speed bike and want to spray paint my rims a red or bright neon green.

What's the best way to do this or does anyone know of a place that does rim spray painting at an affordable price.

Thanks

Guys use this to do car wheels, but it should work nicely for bike wheels as well. Just tape off the spokes (or peel the excess off afterwards)

http://www.nanotech.ie/communities/4/004/012/220/324//images/4600520960.jpg

Hi Craig. Check out MS Restoration on Facebook. This guy (Mark) is doing a great job (powder coating etc) and very reasonable with his prices. He is in Port Elizabeth.

Guys use this to do car wheels, but it should work nicely for bike wheels as well. Just tape off the spokes (or peel the excess off afterwards)

http://www.nanotech.ie/communities/4/004/012/220/324//images/4600520960.jpg

how durable is the Plastidip on wheels especially with the heat from the brakes and stones etc...?

Hi Craig. Check out MS Restoration on Facebook. This guy (Mark) is doing a great job (powder coating etc) and very reasonable with his prices. He is in Port Elizabeth.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of stripping and rebuilding the wheels if you powercoat. This often costs more than the powdercoating itself. Rather then start from scratch with hoops and only build them after they have been painted.

how durable is the Plastidip on wheels especially with the heat from the brakes and stones etc...?

Not sure, but guys have coated entire cars with it. Saw a video where a guy uses a pressure washer on a car that was coated with it. It does cure / harden with time, but still peels off when you want it to. Heat from brakes? Maybe a problem on a road (rim brake) bike, but in that case I'd be more worried that the brakes could peel part of it off.

Edited by Jacquers

• 9 months later...

Not sure, but guys have coated entire cars with it. Saw a video where a guy uses a pressure washer on a car that was coated with it. It does cure / harden with time, but still peels off when you want it to. Heat from brakes? Maybe a problem on a road (rim brake) bike, but in that case I'd be more worried that the brakes could peel part of it off.

I'm going to Plasti dip my bike tomorrow, will let jou guys know how it turns out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Anyone know of a artist to paint carbon rims in JHB?

I have black roval rims and replaced one and they have it with white decal which i want darkened.

Any help will be appreciated