Signal Hill trails

Capricorn

To that person that apparently can't do micro-drops, the person who can't negotiate a corner properly, to the person without skill, please just stop.

Stop cutting new trails to straighten corners.

Stop destroying the hard work of your predecessor trail builders.

Please be a hubber so you get this message. Please just stop.

Wait i thought the trails were closed. Forgive my ignorance???

true, but those are the trails above the tar road. Below it, the VERY FEW trails are still open for riding.

same guy obviously rides here.. Thought of looking who had the best strava times might reveal who??

super idea. how does one do this as i'm not a stravasshole..

Guys, I used to ride there alot after work. You will find anyone fro the surrounding areas on cape towns side using those trails and jeep tracks. The kids from bo kaap walk over the mountain to go to clifton. Lots of peeps riding and walking that area around the shooting range up to the tar road.

Guys, I used to ride there alot after work. You will find anyone fro the surrounding areas on cape towns side using those trails and jeep tracks. The kids from bo kaap walk over the mountain to go to clifton. Lots of peeps riding and walking that area around the shooting range up to the tar road.
I ride there a quite often, and walkers tend to respect the water diverts and existing 'obstacles' built into existing trails. The new trail is not filled with footsteps, but with bicycle tyre tracks.The little micro drop i'm referring is actually there to prevent massive soil erosion which normally occurs during the rainy season. It also prevents the trail below the divert/dam from being rubbished by heavy rains. It's worked very well todate so props to whoever put it in.But now someone without a clue breaks it down and promptly goes to kick out a new bit of trail the topsoil of which will no doubt get washed away during the first sets of heavy rains, while completely bypassing two very simple corners and cutting across a berm.bloody clever stuff there..

someone else, and maybe the same person, but probably not, is cutting decent little bits of trail along the firebreaks.

Edited by Capricorn

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Capricorn! LOONG time. Remember when we used to build up there :) A couple of years ago!

I might revisit this arvie, does the trail start at the same place? same route? Switch back, into small drop off, then rock garden straight down into road drop, then left berm over big hump, into right berm through trees to cant remember the rest?