Review: G-Form Knee and Shin pads

Claudio

Bought some of these from Olympic cycles. Of all the pads I've tried, these ones were the ones I noticed least, once they were on me. That said, the price tag is super high for what I think, are pads that won't last very long (Lycra sock, with a rubbery cap on it essentially).

Sizing is interesting. I have super skinny legs (think grasshopper) and my medium kneepads were super tight! Very tight and yet they still slid down my knee in a crash in the Simonsberg Enduro. Hmmm.

I also can't stand the look of them. Wish they would do away with the spider-man style pattern and make something that looks a bit more like traditional guards.

All considered though, I still think they are still the best pads for our hot conditions and for (most of our) trails that don't demand full on hardcover, bulky pads.

I'll be buying big-boy pads for my DH trip to France later this year!

I'm also keen to see how well they work in a slide situation. I think my biggest fear with them is shifting or rolling if you end up taking a dry duck dive. Report back once you've had one of those ;)

• 9 months later...

These pads are the biggest pile on the market. Had two crashes and the lycra just disintigrated leaving me with exactly the same abrasion damage had I been wearing my pyjamas!

As for impact resistance, friend came off in France and had a direct impact with a rock on the knee padding. Result was a trip to the emergency room and a bunch of stitches later. Inspection of the pad revealed a massive hole in the padding, rock pierced right through it. I seriously doubt this would have happened with proper 661's or POC's.

They're a gimmick and the look crap. R1500 I'll never get back.