[Event] Bouckaert-Soenen Road & MTB 2014

T-Bob

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PPA had done a seeding run, just curious what the beta on the 126km route was?

Can anyone access the Seeding on the PPA site? Every time I've gone on there it's rooted.

Can anyone access the Seeding on the PPA site? Every time I've gone on there it's rooted.

I'm having no issues...

Thanks dude, u confirmed that fun riders get in the way of league riders.

It's not a rider issue, I reckon, but a marshalling or commissaire issue.

I remember, a few seasons, when alphabet bunches could not merge with League bunches as warned by the accompanying race official.

Now, seemingly, there's no enforcement on the course.

It's not a rider issue, I reckon, but a marshalling or commissaire issue.

I remember, a few seasons, when alphabet bunches could not merge with League bunches as warned by the accompanying race official.

Now, seemingly, there's no enforcement on the course.

The motorbike marshall that accompanied the remnants of Cat 3 wasn't even all that interested in policing the white line rule. Given the spate of DQs that I'd heard about earlier in the season I really expected the riders to obey the rule better, and the marshall to be more militant. Neither happened.

A-C tried to move past Cat 3, and that too wasn't policed...

That said, the riders know the rules, and why do we always need a guy with a stick to enforce the rules.

What if they started the funriders in league rather?

There is many solo league riders (not in a team) anyway.

If you pitch on the day with a A-B seeding you should start in CAT1. C-D CAT2 etc etc.

Then you wont have these other riders "catching" you and spoiling your race.

If you enter to ride league then you should still have the option to ride where you want CAT1-4.

(So a B seeded master still might want to choose to ride in CAT3 rather.)

Even if one of these funriders gets a podium it wont mean anything to them unless they were in the league.

That said, the riders know the rules, and why do we always need a guy with a stick to enforce the rules.

Couldn't of said better.....

So both of yous wear the shoe on the other foot, if either catch either. Do "league" riders get the benefit of the doubt? Or do "funriders" get ride off as hard as they want ?

I'm not sure..... Every race for how long it's the same thing.

No disrespect to either! But there is probably no way to control it. Whichever who goes first one will catch the other.

Cat 3 = PPA seeding D to F, therefore makes sense to have the A-C group start ahead of CAT3.

CAT 3 would fit nicely in between A-C & DE etc. Just my R2.99c

Cat 3 = PPA seeding D to F, therefore makes sense to have the A-C group start ahead of CAT3.

CAT 3 would fit nicely in between A-C & DE etc. Just my R2.99c

cat 3 : vets , masters, ladies ppa seeding A - F, open is D-F. imho wrt merging of funride/league , we have weak officials. finis & klaar

• 11 months later...

Hi All...

My wife is new to cycling and I entered her for the 42km road ride. This will be her very first road/fun ride. I haven't done the race before so is there anything should be concerned about? It says "no serious climbs". Hope this means flat with some rollers?

Anyone with some more details regarding the 42km route?

hope she is not gona kill me after this ride.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...