Hanging a mountain bike.

flyluis

Bicycles in general take a whole lot more abuse than being hung by their front wheels. I've been hanging my bikes like that for years and never had a problem. If anything it's good for the fork.

Go buy the exact same thing at Builders wharehouse (the screw in one with rubber coating) for about R30.00. I hang my bikes on these hooks and have been doing it for years without problems.

Worst that will happen is you'll have some oil leaking out your front shock - which it shouldn't - so if it does - get it serviced!

:thumbup:

I think this is better than haging them upside down from the rafters as I do - sometimes I need to piump the brake levers to get them working again - feels like the an air bubble has gone to the caliper ?? :mellow:

Why not just hang it from the back wheel?

Coz it's downhill and the bike will get lazy...

Actually I need to start hanging my bikes from the wall to make space in the dudgeon.. at the moment they fighting for space on the floor with the golf clubs and other bits

Coz it's downhill and the bike will get lazy...

Actually I need to start hanging my bikes from the wall to make space in the dudgeon.. at the moment they fighting for space on the floor with the golf clubs and other bits

Exactly whats happening with me... gonna give it a shot then.

Just make sure you hang it facing uphill....its like apparently like doing hill training while you're sleeping

Not going to help if the bike is training and I'm sleeping......