Magalies Monster 2014

Dirt De Vil

BAM! Entry done!

Hopefully we see you before then. If you planning any MTB rides please give me a shout!

:thumbup:

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've entered my son for the 20km race. He is used to doing +-20km and +- 250 to 300m ascent. Does anybody know what the ascent is on the 20km race?

Hopefully I can get a mentor for this race :whistling:

Find the longest steepest hills and ride them often ,or walk

I swore that race and it's mothers genitalia for weeks after the 50km mark... Something happened today and I'm in for the 80 again

I have left some nasty words myself in them hills .You obviously have some dark vocabulary left

Entered today for the half; will be my 3rd half. Was hoping to do the marathon at some point, but busy recovering from a broken leg. Entered son for the 20km (10 yeras).

I guess I wont be entering the 20km then, will have my butt kicked by 10 year old, not good for the ego ;), Entering 45km at least we staying around there so if it takes me all day its fine :). My 2nd ever race only did 20km trailseeker- Cullian before, seems like I am going to learn another level of suffering @ this race.

I guess I wont be entering the 20km then, will have my butt kicked by 10 year old, not good for the ego ;), Entering 45km at least we staying around there so if it takes me all day its fine :). My 2nd ever race only did 20km trailseeker- Cullian before, seems like I am going to learn another level of suffering @ this race.

This 45 is not average, but also not mad. So if you have a reasonable level of fitness you should be fine.

Just pace yourself. ;)

Ai.. I don't havr climbs long or steep enough to prepare me for this.. I will just have to do repeats of the climbs we do have... up and down up and down.. and repeat ;)

What is the Monster climb's surface like, is it rocky?

Ai.. I don't havr climbs long or steep enough to prepare me for this.. I will just have to do repeats of the climbs we do have... up and down up and down.. and repeat ;)

The 45's big climb is quite rocky and if you are more than about 20 down the field you will walk here as most ppl do.

The monster has a big climb (from where the name ;) ) but this normally has quite a good surface.

The climb isnt too bad, the surface is not too bad, for me its all the other climbs after the long uphill over the Magalies mountains! Once you have done the mountain there is still another 30km odd to get through, even more hills this year i believe!

The 45's big climb is quite rocky and if you are more than about 20 down the field you will walk here as most ppl do.

The monster has a big climb (from where the name ;) ) but this normally has quite a good surface.

Ja, that climb through Mountain Sanctuary/Utopia, once people start walking here you are also doomed to walk a lot of it!

Okay.. so at least a relatively good surface may help me.. if I can have traction, I can give it a go.. else I have 2 feet and they can walk if need be.

The climb isnt too bad, the surface is not too bad, for me its all the other climbs after the long uphill over the Magalies mountains! Once you have done the mountain there is still another 30km odd to get through, even more hills this year i believe!

Okay. . Note to self after monster. . More suffering to come..

One thing I have made peace with is suffering. . I expect it and Expect things to always be tough

6 weekends to go. Where's the best place to train apart from Van Gaalens? How many laps of groenkloof equal one marathon?