Joburg and its partners stage a Freedom Ride cycle event

Claudio

The City of Johannesburg in partnership with the Joburg Urban Cyclists Association, Critical Mass Johannesburg and the Bicycling Empowerment Initiative, will stage a 35 kilometre Freedom Ride social cycle event on 9th February 2014.

Click here to view the article

Wouldn't it be nice if SlaapStad did the same - officially

Not ban the Moonlight Mass ride instead ?

The hardest and most Prestiges ride in the Country is "The Freedom Challenge". WHY name another cycling event with the same title ? It would be like organizers calling a fun run

"The Comrades Run "

• 2 weeks later...

I am in with a few buddies who haven't ridden a bike since childhood, luckily I have a few bikes to lend so keep an eye out for Team Cannondale. Going to be packing my CPR kit just in case

The hardest and most Prestiges ride in the Country is "The Freedom Challenge". WHY name another cycling event with the same title ? It would be like organizers calling a fun run

"The Comrades Run "

Don't think they knew about it even, anyway its about Madiba and his legacy."Freedom" its oft used in this context ie "Freedom in our lifetime", "The Freedom Charter" etc

And word has it that the two big cheeses organising this event are a team for J2C this year, so no doubt they will hear about that other Freedom ride then?

Edited by kosmonooit

Any idea if Froome is going to be there?

The Uhuru ride? who knows, although he doing the East Rand autograph think tomorrow 1pm I think

• 5 months later...