Crash-TCS Rider

Delgado

Hey TCS'ers, one of your lads fell heavily while racing track at Hector Norris earlier this afternoon. Looked to be in quite a bit of pain. I didn't catch his name but he was the only TCS guy taking part!!

Hope he is OK!! Let us know!!! 
Delgado2008-02-23 05:58:37

TCS Ride down at Hector Norris is GNCTrack - Sheldon Bole Dead

Suspected Broken Collarbone, and some nasty roasties DeadDead

Apart from that I think he is ok

How much bad luck can one team have in 1 week???

In 1 week's racing we've had:

3 Bad Crashes

2 Broken Collarbones

1 Trashed set of Racing wheels

7 Puntures

and 3 Broken Pedals

What the Hell?????  Grrrrrr!!!!!!Angry

TCS Ride down at Hector Norris is GNCTrack - Sheldon Bole Dead

Suspected Broken Collarbone' date=' and some nasty roasties DeadDead

Apart from that I think he is ok

How much bad luck can one team have in 1 week???

In 1 week's racing we've had:

3 Bad Crashes

2 Broken Collarbones

7 Puntures

and 3 Broken Pedals

What the Hell?????  Grrrrrr!!!!!!Angry
[/quote']

WOW. How big is your team? Confused  Still isn't nice, no matter what size your team.

WOW. How big is your team? Confused  Still isn't nice' date=' no matter what size your team.[/quote']

60 Members in the Club
25 in the Racing teams

20 took part in 2 Races in the last week with the BAAAD Luck

3 Bad Crashes

2 Broken Collarbones

7 Puntures

and 3 Broken Pedals

we still luv ya all. smiley31.gif

Thanks Kona!!!!!Big%20smile

I'm really sorry to hear this. And contrary to popular belief, I hate crashes on the track.

Sheldon, your a good mate & I hope you come right soon bud.

Yes this was a bad fall - it was on the North bank of the track so we could not really see what happened but some of the guys that were racing said he "switched" himself.

The very next race in the illimination there was another crash when a rider rode straight into the back of the lead bunch however he walked away unscathed. Just some damaged pride I think and disappointment at being illiminated.

Overall this was my first track meeting that I went to watch and I was very impressed. Best entertainment I have had in ages and it only cost me 5 bucks Big%20smile

Aparently Sheldon glanced behind him at Jean Spies in the north side of the track. Sheldon then rode into Grenville's back wheel. I can tell you that Sheldon was in alot of pain. It seems that he dilsocated his shoulder and was due to go into theatre this afternoon. GregO2008-02-23 13:14:59

Guest Michelle
Cruxie: Hopefully we're getting all our bad luck out of the way before next week!!! Thumbs%20Up

not good news at all. i don't know sheldon but please pass my best wishes to him - a dislocated shoulder is NOT nice at all.

oh no, sheldon. get better soon, dude. just got my track bike sorted, but methinks after this i be delaying my maiden track outing!Ouch

cruxie, sorry to hear about your bad luck!

talking of bad crashes, someone bit it big time at groenies yesterday. at the bottom of the steep downhill by the fence. wearing m&b kitt. covered in blood. anyone know him or how he is? 

Sheldon has been doing great work at Pilditch Velodrome with Wednesday night races. He has put together a program that develops skills in many types of track racing and includes events for beginners and schools level riders as well as some cool Keirin and other stuff for A and B cat.

Unfortunately he doesn't get to ride his own events and was "elliminated" from the Keirin at HNP. I spoke to him last night and he said that he hoped to back up to speed for SA's.

For riders who are not too clear on why track racing is such a rush even though there are quite a few minor crashes take a look at:

Please note that this is for private viewing only and there is copyright protection on the music.