Bikejacking in Turfhall road again.

Cippo

i like the idea of the tracking device.... My only concern is this, How are we certain that the big bosses who control this bike jacking syndicate are not right here on the hub reading up abou this? So they steal the bike, find the tracking system and then dump it and go on their merry way with our bikes??!! its just a thought, but then again, to catch a skelm you need to think like a skelm...

Glad you have gotten your bike back though...

Get well soon Abbas...

Point taken, but TIME is the word to remember. The device can be active while you're riding, which means it keeps on tracking when the bike has been jacked.

The thief needs to put distance between himself and the crime scene as quickly as possible. Time spent trying to find and remove a tracking device is time wasted getting away. They need: the correct hex key size, they need to know where the tracker is hidden (then have the correct tool to remove it). If it's a seat post tracker, the thief needs a replacement post handy . Again, which size post does he carry with him?

There will be enough time to get a lock on the thief and retrieve the bike, unless they arrive in a bakkie with a full workshop on the back and dismantle the bike while speeding away. Not likely.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abbas, I wish you well with your recovery from injuries. Also hope you recover your bike - great machine! Such an experience stays with you for a while but I am sure you will overcome it. I was also attacked by two guys on Koeberg Road a number of years back. Fortunately, I managed to get away with just bruises from being hit with a roof baton. Don't let it stop you. Stay safe!

Seems like the road is a real problem. Mind dropping me a PM with a description of what happened (and when) along with your name and what they stole so I could bring it into my piece.

Hi same with me attempted to jack me about 2 weeks ago they thru a hammer and hit my shoulder luckily i was able toget away..........its a real problem.........not at the same spot but also in jan smuts rd closer to viking way

Hi same with me attempted to jack me about 2 weeks ago they thru a hammer and hit my shoulder luckily i was able toget away..........its a real problem.........not at the same spot but also in jan smuts rd closer to viking way

Does it end...... FFS :angry:

Thanks for article gonzo. Racing Spartan ask the cops at Lansdowne to follow up this jacking with one where they caught two assailants and buyers. There is a definite market it seems and this might not be random.

As initially thought said when i was jacked, that it was opportunists. Its now clear there's a market, and that our bikes are going somewhere.

My thinking is stripped and then parts sold, which i think is untraceable. I might even of bought my own stolen goodies, sickening really!

Hi guys

Thanks for all the well wishes. I reported the case with Philippi Police Station case CAS 532/1/2014. Any one with a lead will be appreciated. I also loaded the photo of the bike under stolen bikes.

Kind regards,

Abbas

Hi guys

Thanks for all the well wishes. I reported the case with Philippi Police Station case CAS 532/1/2014. Any one with a lead will be appreciated. I also loaded the photo of the bike under stolen bikes.

Kind regards,

Abbas

Abbas, i assume the bike was insured? Howcome Philippi, where exactly did it happen, landmark. I was hit off right opposite the softball stadium, infront of mag addiction.

My incident was reported at Lansdowne SAPS. The way my case was dealt with, well that's another story on its own

This is getting pathetic and is right on my doorstep. Crime is escalating drastically and unfortunately there is very little we can do. Myself and some friends wanna catch these guys, but wether we actually go about setting a trap is another story all together, after all we are all family men and unlike in our younger days we have to think about everyone.

What I have summised is that tik koppe dont know jack about a bike, how do they know who to hit off a bike??

I dont wear lycra when I ride, instead it is a shorts and a sweater or a jacket. So I look like an ordinary guy just going somwhere on a bike and no one bothers me

No when you see a oke in lycra, fancy helmet, shades gloves etc, automatically the bike is of value, and this is what these guys are targetting

Dont know how many will agree that maybe a slight change in dress code etc would help alot

This is getting pathetic and is right on my doorstep. Crime is escalating drastically and unfortunately there is very little we can do. Myself and some friends wanna catch these guys, but wether we actually go about setting a trap is another story all together, after all we are all family men and unlike in our younger days we have to think about everyone.

What I have summised is that tik koppe dont know jack about a bike, how do they know who to hit off a bike??

I dont wear lycra when I ride, instead it is a shorts and a sweater or a jacket. So I look like an ordinary guy just going somwhere on a bike and no one bothers me

No when you see a oke in lycra, fancy helmet, shades gloves etc, automatically the bike is of value, and this is what these guys are targetting

Dont know how many will agree that maybe a slight change in dress code etc would help alot

I've got a steel mtb commuter, will be building a roadie commuter soon. As for dress code i prefer to wear my lycras and fancy helmet and shades. Not gonna change

Once we catch or have some leads are where these bikes are going. Or once SAPS take us seriously when we say we were robbed of our bicycle. Then maybe we onto something....

I've mentioned it before, i will not stop commuting, i will not stand down to these scum..... I treat everyone one as a suspect now, and wherever i can i use "dwas paaie".

May u be granted a speedy recovery Abbas IA... And may we all be protected by Allah (swt) when on the road or in the mountain.

Edited by TAAHIRWP