Bikejacking in Turfhall road again.

Cippo

well, if news articles abound citing the stratospheric prices of ultra high end bikes,and calling cycling the new golf, well, all that wealth on wheels is asking for a redistribution. All those 'golfers' finally leaving the safe haven of the clubhouse and into the wild... meals on wheels..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for article gonzo. Racing Spartan ask the cops at Lansdowne to follow up this jacking with one where they caught two assailants and buyers. There is a definite market it seems and this might not be random.

...will do.

.............my 2 cents.....if there is a market out there for 2nd hand parts guess whos supporting this market............CYCLISTS!!!!........guys that get on there bikes to ride around rondebosch common with there kids is not gonna buy components worth thousands of rands.........so it only has to be us "CYCLISTS" supporting these AHoles

so guys stop complaining if we the "guys" are supporting this market, therefore if a deal is to good to be true..........it probably is too good to be true.........dont just blindly buy these things if it raises a whole lotta question marks, or if it doesnt feel right, or if the guy selling the items dont come close to looking like a cyclist and he has top-end stuff.......something is wrong with that picture............something to think about (PS hopefully non of us on this forum does this and if we dont try and preach this preach to the rest of the cycling community) ..........lets get LEADSA going.if everybody makes a small change it will eventually pay off

I've got a steel mtb commuter, will be building a roadie commuter soon. As for dress code i prefer to wear my lycras and fancy helmet and shades. Not gonna change

Once we catch or have some leads are where these bikes are going. Or once SAPS take us seriously when we say we were robbed of our bicycle. Then maybe we onto something....

I've mentioned it before, i will not stop commuting, i will not stand down to these scum..... I treat everyone one as a suspect now, and wherever i can i use "dwas paaie".

Indeed dont stop, was just stating how they possibly identify their targets

Hectic....I have thought of loading a cell phone tracking app ...anybody know of an effective one that will work on a crackberry or samsung..s4

I use Endomondo, on my Blackberry, works like a charm

Another place to be wary of is Military road where it meets Prince George's Drive.

I had an incident there this afternoon when a guy jumped into the road and tried to pull me off my bike. Luckily I was going fairly slowly so despite the sudden stop I kept my balance. I also krpt my bike, no thanks to the gawking onlookers that did sod all to help. I got lucky because the idiot was so intent on keeping hold of me he left himself wide open. I took advantage and left the scene with him sitting on the floor wondering how it went *that* wrong so quickly.

Another place to be wary of is Military road where it meets Prince George's Drive.

I had an incident there this afternoon when a guy jumped into the road and tried to pull me off my bike. Luckily I was going fairly slowly so despite the sudden stop I kept my balance. I also krpt my bike, no thanks to the gawking onlookers that did sod all to help. I got lucky because the idiot was so intent on keeping hold of me he left himself wide open. I took advantage and left the scene with him sitting on the floor wondering how it went *that* wrong so quickly.

Yoh!

Glad you're all good.

This all sent grillz down my spine - but now, with so many of you having been jacked, maybe you need to form a kind of pressure group/negotiating group and really start talking to the cops; seeing whether you can tie information together. They get bits of the story and we know other bits and somewhere it all comes together. But really, one or two guys reporting here and there won't get attention, but a station commander will sit up a bit when five or six cyclists all make an appointment and arrive as a group.

I'm keen. Give the time and place....

Me too, let me know when and where. Are we riding in a group to the SAPS, in case the station commander "confiscate" a bike? :whistling: Very alert in dealing with the SAPS!

This is now becoming a daily thing.. jissie.. i will never move to the city.

As much as it is nice in Cape town and close surrounds, I find the country lifestyle to be much more rustig and pleasant. Here we have to deal with arrogant *&%$#@ who think the world revolves around their #$%

A pic of Abbas's stolen bike. Bike had blue,tyres on at the time of hijacking. Keep a lookout please guys and gals. Will get more details as to size etc.

post-13716-0-91708300-1391319382_thumb.jpg