2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a proper downhill race? I can't seem to find much information. What is Gravity Enduro all about.

Nope. Enduro is basically a timed all mountain ride. The downs are timed, the climbs to each stage not. But you have to climb to the start of each stage. Focus is on the descending. ..

Nope. Enduro is basically a timed all mountain ride. The downs are timed, the climbs to each stage not. But you have to climb to the start of each stage. Focus is on the descending. ..

Thanks very the reply, will have to do the next one, are you riding?

Not today's one, no... but I plan to do the next ones. If the details of venue and such are released before a week before the event. With a family it's a bit difficult to get time when venues etx aren't confirmed and you can't tell them what time you'll be back etc

Not today's one, no... but I plan to do the next ones. If the details of venue and such are released before a week before the event. With a family it's a bit difficult to get time when venues etx aren't confirmed and you can't tell them what time you'll be back etc

Yeah, the last minute release of details killed it for me. I'm not sure what their reasoning is as either way the locals/regulars at Jonkershoek will have a huge advantage. As for me, I'm not super skilled or super fit so I would kinda like to know what I'm getting into before putting my money down.

One word. FUBAR. Canaries were blown out beyond recognition so it was suddenly very gnarly at speed. SS2 was kieff, but arm and leg pump took me behind the shed for a pants party. SS3 was great but for the killer climb there and frankly the top contour is a nightmare on 29" wheels, clipped in.

Anyways, was fun, but I sure as hell won't incorporate an enduro into a weekend with another endurance event the day before. My body is broken and I suspect my bike is too.

Guest Omega Man

Yeah, the last minute release of details killed it for me. I'm not sure what their reasoning is as either way the locals/regulars at Jonkershoek will have a huge advantage. As for me, I'm not super skilled or super fit so I would kinda like to know what I'm getting into before putting my money down.

It's just so dude's don't go and practice and repractice sections over and over. It's amazing how the plonker in me comes out as soon as the stop watch makes an appearance. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You would have been fine. They keep all the lairy hairy bits like the double black out of it. Was Amazing. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Jonkers. That last climb (including the wrong turn) absolutely destroyed me. Jaysus. Need to work on some/any fitness.

Big up to all that came. 130 peeps I think. I think that has to be a record for a WP Downhill event. Every type of bike under the sun was there from HT 29ers right up to 2 okes on full DH rigs. Enduro is the way forward for gravity based racing in SA for sure. The lack of ski lifts and the quality of the new bikes coming out make it a match made in heaven.

Edit: Oh and Thanks to Hanco and all the people that helped out. It's these unsung hero's who sit in the baking sun for us that deserve all the credit. Thanks guys.

Edited by Omega Man