2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

Then make an effort to quote what you are referring to, they follow directly after each other and seem related.

Post i replied to was directly before mine so i thought no quote was necessary. Seeing as they were directly after each other they would seem to be related.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs dude. Major fail was a reference to them posting deets on enduro mtb yet withholding them from us the riding public under the guise of needing blind routes. If you want to try and pick a fight or pick apart my reasons for not making it then at least make an effort to do it properly.

I heard the info was leaked some how. It came out via some other channel. Races have to be reported to CSA so that might even be where Enduro-MTB got the info from. Not even the event organisers knew the info was leaked.

Jeez is it not possible to have a single thread in here without some sort of cat fight?

Seems some people cant accept my reasons for not being able to go. They're valid reasons. Just because you can't understand them it doesn't mean they arent true.

I heard the info was leaked some how. It came out via some other channel. Races have to be reported to CSA so that might even be where Enduro-MTB got the info from. Not even the event organisers knew the info was leaked.

That's logical... would CSA have divulged that info though? Or would it have been registered in their public events list?

I suspect that if they got it from CSA, it was in the public domain anyway...

That's logical... would CSA have divulged that info though? Or would it have been registered in their public events list?

I think CSA was contacted but them and then released the info without thinking.

Post i replied to was directly before mine so i thought no quote was necessary. Seeing as they were directly after each other they would seem to be related.

It just didn't make sense, I publicly apologize for the misunderstanding.

As we've already found out, the organisers didn't know it was there.

Was Just getting irritated with all the complaints of "If I'd have known where it was I would've gone." Not just what I perceived as yours

Edited by Flowta

I would just like to say publicly that I was the ACTUAL LAST finisher.

Anyone got some tar? I think I have some feathers around here

Considering there's a couple posts between what you refer to and your post, not so much.

Which Is how I think others may have taken it.

It just didn't make sense, I publicly apologize for the misunderstanding.

Was Just getting irritated with all the complaints of "If I'd have known where it was I would've gone." Not just what I perceived as yours

Sweet dude. Accepted.. Thanks.

I was replying directly to Deviate, who was the guy saying it was on enduro mtb and asking about the trail system in the FS. I posted the location of the Trails and then followed up with "and that's a massive fail..." - 3 posts directly following each other. So I thought it would be obvious to anyone reading., seeing as his post was right before mine.

I will attempt to quote properly in the future though - can create a few problems wrt context, as you pointed out.

I would just like to say publicly that I was the ACTUAL LAST finisher.

Someone has to collect all the battered egos... pretty sure I'd have given you a pretty hard time for that spot!

Guest OldFlow

Only question I have is.... does it matter?

The good turn out would seem a good indication that the withholding of the venue and the course didn't put many people off.... I know it wouldn't bother me. I know that wherever it might be, it will be no more than say 75 mins either way for me, and that's not a big issue to me.

Only question I have is.... does it matter?

The good turn out would seem a good indication that the withholding of the venue and the course didn't put many people off.... I know it wouldn't bother me. I know that wherever it might be, it will be no more than say 75 mins either way for me, and that's not a big issue to me.

Only answer I'm interested in in this case is mine. And here it is:

It mattered to me. For the reasons I've put forward here previously - I like to tell my wife beforehand, more than a week in advance, where I'm going to be and what the venue is. That way she knows what to expect. Especially seeing as she had to confirm a client meeting for the same day and that meant I needed to let her know when I'd be able to look after the little tyke.

Even if the general area had been confirmed on the 14th it wouldn't have been a problem. FOR ME, Those 3 days made a difference. Budget / bike problems / whatever else aside, I would have made a plan.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Enduro actually started at tokai on saturday afternoon, sessioned mamba and a few other trails with capricorn... So thanks capricorn for the helful tips, I used every bit of it. Only sad part was that I took a while before I felt settled. So things really only came together for me from the flow trail and SS3.Highlight for me was definately ridding and meeting okes.The event was well orgainised in my books, SS1 was a a bit of a long wait. The wait time at SS2 and SS3 was okay.As Omega Man said, well done to all those that made it possible for us to have a realy fun day. Timekeepers and all the other guys and gals behind the scene.Okay, so yes I prefered to stay right at the back of the bunch... By the time I hit canaries the corners was very loose. SS2 was by far the stage that tested me the most. If only I could ride off-camber better, and had a dropper for that exposed singletrack that links the end of bennets to the flow section. Had to get off and run up that knoppie...SS3 was the most fun for me by far, it all just came together for me there.Sorry to hear about your timing NicoBoshoff, I wouldv been upset if that happended to me. Well done to Gary Barnar that guys is a machine! Both climbing and descending..But yeah, was well worth every penny. Even though I knew I wouldn't stand. A chance against the locals.. Still got to ride with them I see where i placed amoungst downhill guys. I think those who didn't do it really missed out.Iwan hope you recover well, and that your dropper aint too badly damaged.

Taahir!!! You beat me by one place! Dammit!

Guest Omega Man

Taahir!!! You beat me by one place! Dammit!

Both of you got beaten by an old fat guy who carbo loaded with beer the night before and who is so unfit he didn't put in a single pedal stroke on the last stage....... Tsk Tsk!