2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

sheesh, now thats funny..... not to sound like an A$$ but what are you guys talking about with the uphills? they really werent that bad.

like seriaas , my weekly normal 20k (updownupdownupdownupdownand up again and down) rides are like 650+m of ascent....

the only place that was a bit bleh is they put me straight into SS2 without even a minute of prep.

The thing with the guys commenting here (apart from Taahir, he's as light as Tinkerbell's fart) is that we're all sorta kinda not really built for the roads that go UP.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh, now thats funny..... not to sound like an A$$ but what are you guys talking about with the uphills? they really werent that bad.

like seriaas , my weekly normal 20k (updownupdownupdownupdownand up again and down) rides are like 650+m of ascent....

the only place that was a bit bleh is they put me straight into SS2 without even a minute of prep.

"How to make enemies and alienate people" - The MTB Edition :ph34r:

Agreed, the uphills where not that bad, however see it from the perspective of an unfit person or the guys who where dragging downhill bikes up there (or the guys with XXL A$$es ), it really makes you appreciate the downhill bits way more.

Guest Omega Man

fark. If that's you...

haha. It's fine tho cos my phens balances my arse.

Edited by Omega Man

Well according to my strava. Elevation gain was 1060m. Now imagine having to carry 20kg of bike, 2kg water and 90kg of man to the top of Table mountain (starting in Hout Bay Harbour)

Thats basically what I did. :cursing:

Edited by loveme.DH/FR

Well according to my strava. Elevation gain was 1060m. Now imagine having to carry 20kg of bike, 2kg water and 90kg of man to the top of Table mountain. Thats basically what I did. :cursing:

cough cough... 92kg and 3litres of water !! now beat that!! :devil:

Right all you XXL A$$es, let's settle this once and for all. I will sponsor a prize for the next enduro, the first gravitationally gifted rider (more than 90kg) to make it to the start of SS1 will win a double hamburger, chips and milkshake of his choice.

You may also enter if your bike weighs more than you or if you carry more than 10 liters of water with you.

Regardless of some of our inabillity to ascend like helium filled balloons...

I do look forward to the next event.

If the major reason Enduro is growing and getting so much focus, where XC and DH riders, plus new riders starting the sport, can mix, compete and have fun making EVERYONE fitter, faster and happier.

Then it's already working for me! I now have a goal , and my 2nd race to race.

I hope to see you all there!

(ill be the guy on the izimu, with newly added granny gear :whistling: )

Right all you XXL A$$es, let's settle this once and for all. I will sponsor a prize for the next enduro, the first gravitationally gifted rider (more than 90kg) to make it to the start of SS1 will win a double hamburger, chips and milkshake of his choice.

You may also enter if your bike weighs more than you or if you carry more than 10 liters of water with you.

ill try , but i want a protein smoothie and some almonds......

that was my idea anyway for the next enduro, because you wait for like 40mins anyway once you get there!!

edit: OH yeah , im Medium , not xxl ... (just saying).... :whistling:

Edited by deviate

Both of you got beaten by an old fat guy who carbo loaded with beer the night before and who is so unfit he didn't put in a single pedal stroke on the last stage....... Tsk Tsk!

thing is.... i finished dirtopia 101st with a broken finger.... then about 3months later... i finished WP DH enduro 77th... both event had roughly the same amount of participants.

i have been riding for 1year 3months now... And loving it... so what am i saying?? i am busy catching up with you pro's as my skill set improves. (not trying to make any enemies... :ph34r: )

Just by the way, Omega man i saw you blast past me on SS2 when i was climbing up to the start of SS2. NiCE!!! :clap:

Edited by TAAHIRWP

SS2: Old DH into revised Old DH into Slangpad

that exposed singletrack that joins the two forest areas probably cost me +/-1minute! had to get off my bike to push uphill cz i couldnt pedal on a low saddle... Enduro for me hey!