[Event] PPC Kremetart Stage Race

The Guy in Pink

mmmmm. Don't think it is going to be that bad though.....ROUGHLY same climbing as previously.....like stated before a hundred or two more in TOTAL over the 175km.

Race is shorter.

ONE climb in the end and you are done.

Whereas that old stage 3.....eish....it kills you! Now you only have a clearly defined climb and once you are over you are heading home with one super speed!

Stage 1 & 2 no problem, but I agree, the massive climb on stage 3 will be tough, so will the finish be with guys flying down that long hill to the finish. I hope sensibility will prevail...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Don't think it's shorter .Stage two from Waterpoort is now an out and back with the turnaround at 35 km. Total 70km which makes up the difference lost on the last stage.. Or so it seems from their website. Not sure.

Edit:Sorry Just reread the post . Shorter as in not so many stops?

Edited by Blokman

Looking at it is no shorter, just more climbing with a significant climb after a leg sapping drag......, and starting at 155km..... it's gonna be fun! :) only thing in your favor is you may have a tailwind from the turn around on stage 2.... so that will provide some relief and some sections will be in complete dark (tunnels) so you may not see the gradient if you don't look at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Stage one: 43km

stage two: 70km

stage three: 43km = 156km or is my maths wrong?

It seems like the route for the kremetart this weekend has changed due to the same reason the jocks route was changed, Bad road condition. Only 3 stages now and as far as I understand stage 1 is the same and stage 3 is just the reverse of 1. Can anyone confirm this? If the final sprint is down that initial climb I predict some serious action. The tandems will dominate STRAVA.

:eek: :o :o :o There goes any chance of me doing this remotely comfortably and my chances of finishing just dived :thumbdown: I do NOT like this route change at all. I was so looking forward to this weekend. Just wish they'd have given us advance warning, such as before entry fee and accomodation were paid :( :'(

Guess I'm just going to have to accept a high chance of dnf and enforce the "judge not those who have tried and failed..." approach.

:eek: :o :o :o There goes any chance of me doing this remotely comfortably and my chances of finishing just dived :thumbdown: I do NOT like this route change at all. I was so looking forward to this weekend. Just wish they'd have given us advance warning, such as before entry fee and accomodation were paid :( :'(

Guess I'm just going to have to accept a high chance of dnf and enforce the "judge not those who have tried and failed..." approach.

Ag bollie man.

Stop down talking yourself.

We are talking about a 2.5-3.1% gradient on the final climb. That is almost NOTHING! Only the last couple of meters are 4%.

So no.....you'll finish fine. Maybe even faster than the previous years

Spaaidy, I am no climber. Heading back up through those tunnels... I seriously don't know if I'm going to manage that :-(

Spaaidy, I am no climber. Heading back up through those tunnels... I seriously don't know if I'm going to manage that :-(

There will be a few of us - let's form a bus and go slow to the finish

Don't mind screw yourself just yet. ^_^

The total climbing is almost the same as the previous route.

So instead of climbing rolly poly, it is now just one climb.

The Argus climbs almost the same over 110km as this. And THAT is a funride! ;)

Might not see you there SP.....full blown cold and it is not lifting any time soon. :wacko:

Stage 2 is going to feel a bit long and pointless. I quite like stage 3 and i'm crap on hills; i think this one is manageable a d it gets you the last 10kms for free. That will be an absolute blast coming down to the finish. But then i'm sick in bed right now so may not make it.

I plotted the new route on Strava's route builder. It says 169.6km with 1093m of climbing. Not sure about the climbing estimate's accuracy but the mileage is most likely pretty accurate.

169.6km

Distance

1,093m

Elevation Gain

Edited by BDF