[Event] PPC Kremetart Stage Race

The Guy in Pink

Went down on one of those reflectors in the middel of the road at 103km/h two years ago..a MUST do on anyone's calender!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timing company is total crap, results are buggered.

Ha, ha, ha. Yep! FAILURE of note!!! Like their timing chips, but EISH, those results!!

Ha, ha, ha. Yep! FAILURE of note!!! Like their timing chips, but EISH, those results!!

What results? Quite frustrating. Seems like half of the stage 2 results are missing. What about totals as well? So far thumbs down for the new timing company!

Per my Garmin:

Summary 4:57:28.1 169.49km 34.2Ave speed

Not a bad result for the day I thought!

Oh, and back to the race. Great race. Stage two was a teeny bit scary with riders going back and out. The new stage 3 was awesome. The sections through the tunnels - SCARY, we need a solution on lighting, and then I'll be back.

Race is now lekker tough!

Managed to look at 50 -59 last night. Results looked ok. But vets 30-39 first in did 5.48 or thereabouts. Clearly big confusion.

A lot of results from stage 2 are not listed. Vets came in at about 1:40 ish, and there are no results faster than 1:44.

Great race otherwise.

Vets stage 2 was ridiculous. I have never ridden that fast for so long.

I was amazed at how hard stage 3 was, and I still managed a reasonable result.

They also seem to have solved the two main problems from last year, the shortage of water at the rest stops & the lunch looked like it was edible.

Great event, and I will back next year, irrespective of the route.

Another dnf to my name :-( stage 2 was too much pedalling for my training and no downhills to recover killed me. Managed just on 10km of stage 3 before I had to bail.

Results up but clearly not correct. Winning times at the moment.

Elites 6.07 .

Sub vets 5.48

40-49 5.41

50-59 5.04

60 + 5.09

Also some names missing.

Otherwise it was a very nice event .I suffered up that mountain, but enjoyed it all the same.

Lost about 10 min on stage 1 with a mechanical , Went way to hard on stage 2 , it caught up with Me on stage 3 , last 10 km to the summit I really had to dig deep , Thanks to the New Horizons Guys on stage 2 , You Boys rode very very well , pulled Us nearly the whole stage . :thumbup:

All I can say is EINA!

My 1st Krem and it was lekker tough...

Stage 3 :angry:

After about 20kms, I was finished, Mind & Body wanted to give up...Cramps were getting the better of me...

Just kept positive, trying to latch on to whoever passed me in the wilderness..

Managed to crawl to the Water-point (Hugenoot Tunnel which is Beautiful btw) between the 2 tunnels, finished a litre of COKE :P , whacked about 4 Bar-ones mini's and pulled myself over that last climb of PAIN...

I finished, and I'm HAPPY!

About the race: I think it was nicely organised, Breakfast was OK'ish and Lunch was GOOD!

There were plenty of accidents esp in the Elite groups, saw some bad crashes..Stage 2 before the turnaround...

A couple I met after Stage 1 on a Tandem fell in the tunnel and were ridden over, Hope you guys ok!

Ambulances were flying up & down...

Hope no serious injuries!

Edited by AryM

Nice Race. Stage 3 was hard and I can still feel it in the legs today. No Tandem results for stage 2

Has anyone heard or seen anything that explains the missing results? Nothing on the LAPIO or Kremetart websites... :cursing:

I emailed them this morning, and my query has been sent on to TIMEME/LAPIO.

I will post the response when I get it.

I emailed them this morning, and my query has been sent on to TIMEME/LAPIO.

I will post the response when I get it.

Do they realise they have stuffed up most of the rider's times?

I see I don't even feature on the results of St. 2 :cursing: :cursing: