Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane, dont you wanna join our mtb team, we looking at 1st mtb over line. +- 6h40 ish

Thanks for the invite Hentus, but I'm planning on donating a kidney once again for the HotChillee team in our quest for a podium spot.

I can spot a well trained DC team a mile away. And I get an absolute thrill watching them. 2 abreast... 6 rows... all in their same team colors moving as a unit. This is one of the reasons why the DC is on my bucket list. The uniformity of a team .... and of course all the training leading to it. :D

wait until you see us in single file, your knees will give way, hahaha

The quickest formation is one straight stripe. Ride on the front for as long as you can and peel off. If everyone does around a 1 minute turn that gives you 12 minutes to wipe your eyes, clear the snot and stop the bleeding before it happens all over again. (You stick to this and you only ride on the front for 30 minutes, or depending on your point of view, suffer a near death 30 times).

wait until you see us in single file, your knees will give way, hahaha

:D :D

Ok ..... Ok.....   Single file  .....

I am making notes here.........

Whats going on with the DC?

http://www.coronationdc.co.za/resources/ashton-feeding-zone/

First two compulsory stops, now they are taking lunch orders for the first stop!? :eek:

Is this a race or a stroll with a picnic for the masses? My parents are even thinking about doing it now as it does not seem so bad?

I can understand ordering some food at the end, but halfway through? What is supposed to be one of the toughest road events on the calendar, you can order some nibbles?

Oi, Coronation Double century, please man up just a little.

First two compulsory stops, now they are taking lunch orders for the first stop!? :eek:

Is this a race or a stroll with a picnic for the masses? My parents are even thinking about doing it now as it does not seem so bad?

I can understand ordering some food at the end, but halfway through? What is supposed to be one of the toughest road events on the calendar, you can order some nibbles?

The DC died when they brought in the first stop. It is a corporate fun-ride now. Still fun to see how many people still think that a 7 hr DC is good.To me a 7 hr DC now is like a 7:30 or longer in the old days.

Ho well at least we are GETTING BUMS ON SEATS.

You know when we were youuuunnngggereerrr......

The DC died when they brought in the first stop. It is a corporate fun-ride now. Still fun to see how many people still think that a 7 hr DC is good.To me a 7 hr DC now is like a 7:30 or longer in the old days.

Ho well at least we are GETTING BUMS ON SEATS.

You know when we were youuuunnngggereerrr......

I can just imagine what a euro pro (who used to come ride) would think when half way through race is told to get off bike and have a picnic. Ha ha. Hopefully they sort themselves out next year and have one day race one day picnic.

Other than going and looking through this forum (being lazy) what is the reason for the stops?

There is no way you can call this a race anymore... How can you stop twice in a race? Seems ridiculous.

Its a shame that this event has turned into a bit of a money making circus, like most of the "races" nowadays.

Apparently there are sun loungers available to have a comfortable nap whilst they change your bottles and lube your chain. 

I think there are 2 main reasons for the stops. Nah, only one really.

1. To give the masses a rest and let their times look more reasonable.

2. This was introduced in the hope of keeping support cars off the road. But if this was really the case they could have the support vehicles keep to these feed points but not have the free half hour time stops.

So it has to be for the fun-riders.

Any strong guy willing to take the front of a tandem,joining a all mix tandem team finishing sub 7hrs. Entry sponsord.

Send me a pm