[Event] Liqui-Fruit Vineyard Ride

Events Bot

Event Name: Liqui-Fruit Vineyard Ride
When: 30 March 2014
Where: Lourensford Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Liqui-Fruit Vineyard Races are a selection of exciting one-day trail running and mountain bike races and form an integral part of the Grand Finale of the Absa Cape Epic on 30 March 2014.

Come run and ride your own race at Lourensford Wine Estate before watching the Grand Finale of the 2014 Absa Cape Epic.

Live entertainment and kiddies activities will be available on the day.

Don't miss out - enter NOW at www.vineyard-races.co.za.

RUN YOUR OWN RACE:

Liqui-Fruit Vineyard Train Run

08:00 - 16km start time

08:10 - 6km start time

RIDE YOUR OWN RACE:

Liqui-Fruit Vineyard MTB Race

07:00 - 51km start time

07:30 - 26km start time

Liqui-Fruit hampers to the first 500 entrants. Entries are limited - make sure you enter now.

Enter online before 1 March - www.vineyard-races.co.za

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Hey guys anybody got a entry or three they werent goint to use for this? Seems the organizers cant be bothered to respond to anybodies emails or phone calls.

Had one of my best races EVER today! Route markings and marshaling were top class, the route was tough, technical and just crazy awesome, my kinda terrain, not a dirty road race at all, proper killer mountain biking! Finished the 55km in 3h01mins and will do it forever and again, well done organizers! And well done to all the Epic finishers coming in after we had such a ball!

Did the 24, was a lekker race. That first climb hurt me, but from there on in it was very lekker! Did a 1:14, so was good.

That was my first MTB race. It was more technical than I anticipated. Some of those little climbs was brutal, and then decent on the jeep track not easy for a first-timer like me. But at least I did not come off the bike there. I just used my rear brake there with care. Oh, and that long climb in the beginning....

Well at least I came in just under 2 hours (26km). But I need to do lots and lots of hill training on the MTB. Very different to Roadie climbing. I lost lots of time in the first half of the race. Very good marshalling.

BTW, also my son's first MTB race. He came in at around 1h30.

Edited by Moridin

Besides the meerendal night ride last week Thursday this was my 1st real ride/race since Tulbagh, paid the ultimate price. Cramped after those 10year olds set a ferocious pace at the start. They probably all finished in the top 15 spots. Managed a 3:04, holiday is officially over now & glad for that rude awakening.

Besides the meerendal night ride last week Thursday this was my 1st real ride/race since Tulbagh, paid the ultimate price. Cramped after those 10year olds set a ferocious pace at the start. They probably all finished in the top 15 spots. Managed a 3:04, holiday is officially over now & glad for that rude awakening.

They are strong hey?, too quick for this 35year old! Im happy tho, just clipped 25th

A tough day on the bike! Second half of the 51km race was more fun and I was warmed up. It was a tough route and I see only 530 finished from 687 who started. If I can only find the guy who referred to me as "Miss June 2010" at the last water point, I'd like to tell you that I kicked your ass ;)

Thought they should have divided us into 2 start groups though might hav ehelped with bottle necks.

Sadly too exhausted to stay for more than bike wash so didnt get to watch friends come in for Epic.

They are strong hey?, too quick for this 35year old! Im happy tho, just clipped 25th

i wouldn't exactly say stronger just they have youth on their side & a Vo2Max of a full time Pro

Tuff but nice race. The non seeded start was not the best. Who took the photos? Jetline?

Im sure its Jetline Action photo, as they were the photographers last year

What an awesome ride, fell my gat off on one of those wooden bridges on the single track towards the end... The photographers seemed pretty keen, some laying in the bush to get that perfect shot...

Will definitely do this ride again in future...

It was a very slippery and rocky route at most, especially that wooden bridges, also "saved" it a couple of times, fortunately! I had 4 gears the last 20kms as my rear derailleur hit a rock and bent badly