Pretoria to Harties

krl747

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to know. I know routes by road, but have not found or heard of off road routes to harties. but im hoping someone knows.

I have heard of people running ontop of the magaliesberg(i think thats the one) and doing a long route, but im not sure what the trail looks like, if any, or if they just run over the grass and rocks?

Anywhere in PTA is fine. Going towards Van Galen area.

Where in Pta?

Anywhere in PTA. We normally ride from Irene or Fearie Glen area. We are going to ride towards Van Galen.

I know of guys who ride from Pta east out to Erasmia and then past Hoogland Hydro through to Jasmyn. Should be easy to spot on a map

Yes please do tell if you find something. I am north of Pta - normally just stick to the gravel next to the road. Do a circular out to Schoemansville - 60km. I am craving some singletrack...! Would've joined the maniyak guys if they didn't start so early... LOL

Yes please do tell if you find something. I am north of Pta - normally just stick to the gravel next to the road. Do a circular out to Schoemansville - 60km. I am craving some singletrack...! Would've joined the maniyak guys if they didn't start so early... LOL

which roads exactly do you take?

Will go scratch up some files. We should be riding that way again this weekend, 90% off road I reckon.

If you're not riding that way, if you can give us a garmin file or something it will also help a lot!

naby die 224

“Excuse me, sir, where are the Union Buildings? Close to the 224… And Loftus Versfeld? Also close to the 224… But what is the 224??” :whistling: :ph34r:

we used to ride adventure bikes from Pretoria to harties on mostly dirt. started somewhere close to pta tech, on the other side of the toll road. can't remember much of it though.