Campagnolo spoken here.

Cippo

Campagnolo gear changers go "clunk". There is zero finesse. Odd for Italians. Ever noticed how the thumb changer lever chows thumbs on long rides and the nipple on top of the lever grips is so small it helps bugger all.................

Big H, is that you?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought nothing goes 'clunk' like SRAM. Campag shifts like a dream and the hoods are very comfortable. 

I thought nothing goes 'clunk' like SRAM. Campag shifts like a dream and the hoods are very comfortable. 

Agreed.

SRAM Red on one bike, Campag SR on other, campag def smoother, even though its taking some getting used to the different shifting mechanism. 

Hello Gents

Im hoping for first hand advice with regard to installing a Campy Record crank to a SWorks Roubaix SL3 frame with BB30 (or similar Spez).

The bike is full on Record excepting for the crank which currently is SWorks.

Seems like 3 options/

* Campy 42mm BB30 adaptor cups

* Specialized adaptors

* Press in alloy sleeve that regresses BB30 to an English threaded BB

Watched a You Tube video where they installed a Press In sleeve and died a thousand deaths watching the forcing and effort required to eventually seat it!

Could anyone with first hand experience possibly offer some advice as to which the most effective hassle free method would be?

Many thanks   

Hello Gents

Im hoping for first hand advice with regard to installing a Campy Record crank to a SWorks Roubaix SL3 frame with BB30 (or similar Spez).

Seems like 3 options/

* Specialized adaptors

Watched a You Tube video where they installed a Press In sleeve and died a thousand deaths watching the forcing and effort required to eventually seat it!

Could anyone with first hand experience possibly offer some advice as to which the most effective hassle free method would be?

Many thanks   

Is the Roubaix pressfit BB30 (no circlip retaining the bearing) or straight BB30 (allie bb housing with a circlip retaining a bearing which fits straight into the frame)? Sounds like the former so you can use the Campy adapters or you can get a Sram adapter (Pressfit BB30 to BSA adapter). For the former, Campy make straight BB cups.

I've used them all, including the press-in sleeve (with loctite). It isn't actually so bad if you use the special drive tool and a proper BB press-fitting tool.

Edited by Fitter

Hello Gents

Seems like 3 options/

* Specialized adaptors

Many thanks   

These guys makes quality solutions and a fair price and they have various answers to one question.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets.html

Maybe you'll find something there.

I heard Omnico brings a couple of them in a year.

Thanks Fitter. Yes its the former and Im pretty sure Campy is the best way to go.

Having said that! Thanks for the info Spinnekop! Definitely worth looking into.

Thanks chaps!

Edited by play fair

• 2 weeks later...

Campagnolo crankarms equipped with Stages will cost €899 for Chorus, €999 for Record and €1199 for Super Record. All Campag models will be available in 170-175mm lengths and are due to hit the market in February 2016.

post-13716-0-42811900-1440783397_thumb.jpg

Campagnolo crankarms equipped with Stages will cost €899 for Chorus, €999 for Record and €1199 for Super Record. All Campag models will be available in 170-175mm lengths and are due to hit the market in February 2016.

Yeah BAYBAYYYYYYY!!!!

Greeting Campagnolians,

I have lost the up shift return spring in my rear shifter  :(

It is a Record-Ergopower 10-speed shifter. 

Will i need to import a rebuild kit or is this something that a bike shop could service for me?

Any advise would be most appreciated.

Regards,

//m00se