Is this the end of the sub 3 Argus (as we know it)?

jkoorts

Seems like the big problem is the sheer amount of participants. Maybe time to scale things down a bit and limit the entries? But that would bring in less money....

Damn these charities for making money and enriching the lives of the less fortunate!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not see the point of going all out just to get a great seeding????

I requested a re-seeding. If declined, Good Bye Argus!

how do we go about?

I rode the Argus back in 1991. It was my first. Started in Y group. Did a 03H03. It was a terrible experience. I have since never returned to Cape Town to do this event. I can just imagine how massive of a cluster f><k the event is now!

I see my decision not to do it again remains vindicated.

I rode the Argus back in 1991. It was my first. Started in Y group. Did a 03H03. It was a terrible experience. I have since never returned to Cape Town to do this event. I can just imagine how massive of a cluster f><k the event is now!

I see my decision not to do it again remains vindicated.

Looks like I will be joining you!

Last year we caught the majority of E group on the stretch past Muizenberg to Kalkbay. We came to a dead stop at the intersection of Main and Boyes drive (at the Kalkbay Harbour) where it formed a bottleneck.. We stood there for a short while before getting going again.

Can see it happening again this year.

In that case you have my sympathy & it means the race isnt really a race, its "an event".

Those tandems, sub vets and vets etc will quickly swallow up the ladies then there is the issue of the race orgs trying to separate them.

Ja, I do understand it, if Sub Vets catch up with ladies, they have to go past and Ladies are not allowed to follow, then race on their own like League races....

Ja, I do understand it, if Sub Vets catch up with ladies, they have to go past and Ladies are not allowed to follow, then race on their own like League races....

Never mind catching. They all seem to be in 1 start group looking at the start time:

% 6:24 Women

VA 6:24 SubVet

VB 6:24 Vets 40-49

VM 6:24 Vets 50+

A 6:24 Seeded

Everybody- just do the event. It might turn out better than you expect.

and

The Organisers did state that all racetec timed events could be used for seeding purposes.

Everybody- just do the event. It might turn out better than you expect.

and

The Organisers did state that all racetec timed events could be used for seeding purposes.

The issue that the op was raising was not the seeding, but the lack of/small gaps between groups.

Sorry, I was wrong, B Started 6:32 last year.

Also we do not know the size of the groups this year, they all may be smaller at the front of the field. If the first 8 bunches only have 120 riders each, then not so bad.

Also we do not know the size of the groups this year, they all may be smaller at the front of the field. If the first 8 bunches only have 120 riders each, then not so bad.

Yes, That would also explain then large number of licensed riders bitching that the are in open seeded groups.

Edited by GaryvdM