WIN: Entries to the 2014 Trans Karoo up for grabs

Matt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek het eenkeer met n ou broek gery en toe ons stop by die Wimpy vir koffie het die lycra besluit dit is nou genoeg en mooi op die naat oogetrek. Die probleem was dat ek dit eers gesien het toe ek halfpad in die Wimpy was en die skeur was ook nie agter nie, maar aan die voorkant!

Wasn't to embarrassing for me but for my friend it was extremely embarrassing! We decided to go on a quick 40km ride, not to far in the ride my friend stood up to fart, well it wasn't a fart that came out it was the entire load, needless to say he had to ride home in the standing position, I couldn't stop laughing all the way home! And he couldn't stop pedalling or blushing!

For me the most embarrassing was stopping at a robot and failing to unclip, I fell on top of some innocent drivers bonnet, the lady driver thought this was hilarious, well for me I couldn't stop apologising and blushing!

I was doing a sprint to the top of the mountain and when I got to the top I vommited and when I looked back up, there was this hot babe standing by her bike and just smiling. I smiled back and cycled away as fast as possible.

I was sent a lovely clip by my mate taken off Supersport with Gerald de Kock narrating my epic fail of a fall and naming me in person. Name and surname! Worst of all it just shows the lame tumble without any context of how I got in the situation. Needless to say a year on, it makes it's rounds on Whatsapp every now and then when I get a bit chirpy...

I was doing one of the Trailseeker races. Hectic race and had a few close encounters with making contact with the Earth during the race. Nice downhill section to finish the race, so I decided to stand and free, playing with my brakes by tapping them. Needless to say, I tapped the front brake a bit too hard as I was 2 meters over the finish line with heaps of spectators. I flew over the handlebars! The force luckily ripping my cleats out of the pedals and I finally made contact with the Earth flat on my stomach, with my bike making tumbles next to me! Everything went quiet... I stood up, took my tumbled bike, didn't make any eye contact and quickly disappeared into the masses... I prefer to fall when the clock has stopped already! ????

Got out of my driveway and decided to pop a wheely infront of the house, by the second stroke I knew I was running out of tallent and tried pulling the brake, needles to say I flipped the bike infront of all the neigbourhood kids, I quickly stood up dusted myself off and off I went for my ride, hearing the laughter down the road, I thought to myself well that was stupid, but not as stupid as when a chick pointed out that my bleeding ass is hanging out, by that time I was 40 km from home and all of a sudden it felt like everyone was out for a ride that day. I still keep the pants with the hole in them in my cycling drawer as a momento

So my first race was in dullstroom on my girlfriends dad bike doing the half marathon. I was all packed up, camelback on full bottles expexting a hell of a long day. I pulled away like a crit race at the speed of light trying to stick with the front guys. They turned of and i went straight on thinking they are doff and following the blue markers(20km) i raced on. Coming closer to the end i saw few people around and thought could this be i won my first mtb race. Crossing the line hands held high and cheering then only to be told by my girlfriend and the race director i was wrong and have not even won the 20km race. So a dnf and a lot of shame left my first first race.

During the first stage of a4 day ride to Durban, it was cold and misty so I put on a long sleeve compression top under my cycling jersey. 40 minutes later the sun burned off the fog and it started to get hot. The group wasn't planning on stopping so I tried taking the long sleeve top off while still riding. I passed my jersey to the support vehicle and tried taking the compression top off. No luck so I decided to suck it up till the first stop about 50km further. After trying to put the jersey back on, I gave up after 3 attempts as the jersey was twisted and I couldn't get my arms through the sleeves. I ended up cycling the remainder of the first stage just in bibs and the long sleeve compression top, not exactly perfect riding attire. The support guys could'nt stop laughing. I also "paid" at the fines evening that night.

I usually ride in the D group but for one of the races in Paarl I started with my wife in M. We were making our way to the start line and I was riding on the sidewalk when my front wheel landed in a drain and I feel off. Everyone turned and looked. I got up and made as if nothing happened and continued to the start. Don't know if it was more embarrassingfor me or my wife.

Years ago, I went on a mtb weekend with the GF and some buddies. Unpacked the car and loosely put the front wheel back in my bike (Outeniqua steel bike - who remember those?) with the intention to tighten up later (axle nuts -no QR). Being all mtb bedonnerd we could not wait to go for a sunset ride. A kilometre down the tar road I hauled the bike up for a spectacular hi speed wheelie. Only to be cruelly reminded that I never tightened that damn front wheel....it fell out of the fork and for a considerable time actually ran next to me. One huge face-plant – on tar – and a bent front fork later, my weekend was over before it began…

Pitching up at a race with an empty bike rack. I had everything... but my bike. The question "where is your bike?" saw me backtrack through the entire parking area to the amusement of many. Got home, walked past my bike still waiting for me in the kitchen ready to be loaded, and got back in bed!

3 years ago i was doing my First MTB race,which was the craziest race for a first race.MTN Sabie Marathon.

A mate and i where just beginners.

We got to the start line where there where thousands of people getting ready to ride.

I was Riding around on the grass when i saw my mate come back from registration he went close to the start line.I rode over to him to tell him something.

I stopped next to him and tried to uncleat.

I couldn't uncleat and fell in front all the participants.

Everyone started laughing and clapping.

Ill never forget that Day.

I was doing the 24hr Mtb race at Dirtopia last year, not use to eating and drinking so much on the bike my tummy started acting up and I had to look for a spot fast as my @$$ was ready to explode, got cold sweats but finally saw some bushes high enough for me to hide from other cyclists, turns out I run into a rose bush on steroids, there I sat, my bibbs and shirt caught on the thorns, took me about 20mins untangling myself in the stench while others looked on as they passed by, not funny...