Panorama Cycle Tour 2014

TALUS

I paid for my entry and accomodation today. It is my first road multiday event. How does it differ in planning and training to a multistage MTB event? Tips and comments for a noob?

Edited by TALUS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about that... It feels like I will be admitting to age creeping up on me. Aaah the burden of testosterone.

Edited by TALUS

you do some serious climbing, i love every second of the tour though

if i am fortunate enough to get an invite this year i will use my 28tooth as i dont have a compact crank

This is an awesome race! Lot's of climbing (over 2.5km elevation gain on stage 1 and 3). However, it's definitely possible on a 11/25 with normal crank.

Drink recovery drinks after stages, take ass cream and go for leg massages ;)

This is an awesome race! Lot's of climbing (over 2.5km elevation gain on stage 1 and 3). However, it's definitely possible on a 11/25 with normal crank.

Drink recovery drinks after stages, take ass cream and go for leg massages ;)

I did it 3 x times already and 2 of them were on 11-23 and I had difficult day 3's. Day 1 is a lot of climbing but the climbs are not so "steep" as day 3. It is very enjoyable and this year I am riding mixed and will be gunning it to have good placings. 11-25 at least this year for me on the back with a normal crank

So looking forward to this after last year's race was a no-go for me after a car took my out the Friday before the event on a leg loosener ride.

• 1 month later...

Nice training weekend coming up: Rooiwal on Sat and Emperors on Sun. Anybody else?

Nice training weekend coming up: Rooiwal on Sat and Emperors on Sun. Anybody else?

Planned the same but we have a wedding to attend but some of our mates are doing the Mzanzi Crit on Saturday and Emporers the Sunday Edited by Sharkie 2

Cradle Mountain Trophy on Sat & Emperors on Sun

Planned the same but we have a wedding to attend but some of our mates are doing the Mzanzi Crit on Saturday and Emporers the Sunday

Doing the same! The legs will be screaming after the Crit, thats for sure ;)

Hey guys, shouldn't we look at putting a strong team together for next years tour de boland?

You guys are too strong for me but I would seriously consider doing it if they cater for plebs like me too.

So looking forward to this after last year's race was a no-go for me after a car took my out the Friday before the event on a leg loosener ride.

oh no. hope the Giant is still okay :P