Best Bike Fitment in Cape Town / Winelands area?

Rock Guy

I'm looking to get a bike fitment done, specifically for XC MTB. Im pretty now on the scene and I don't know what the options are. Would be nice to hear from others that have had fitments done what their experience has been where they were and what the options are.

I did a 100km ride this weekend and suffered a fair amount of lower back pain, numb crotch, and towards the end a bit of knee pain. It's quite clear that my setup is not right!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rock Guy,

We are now operating out of our new ErgoFit concept store at the River Club in Observatory. Come pay us a visit and we can get your fitment 100%

Contact us at fittings@sciencetosport.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dynamic Bike Fit in Tokai who are located at Trail and Tar's shop. They offer an excellent and professional bike fit services which include:

· Athlete Interview

· Advanced Physical Assessment

· Advanced Structural Assessment

· Dynamic Saddle Height Adjustment

· Dynamic Fore-Aft Saddle Adjustment

· Dynamic Handlebar Height Adjustment

· Cleat Adjustment

· Footbed Fitting

· Hip, Knee, and Foot Alignment

· Other Adjustments as Needed

Debbie is the lady to chat to :thumbup:

I'm looking to get a bike fitment done, specifically for XC MTB. Im pretty now on the scene and I don't know what the options are. Would be nice to hear from others that have had fitments done what their experience has been where they were and what the options are.

I did a 100km ride this weekend and suffered a fair amount of lower back pain, numb crotch, and towards the end a bit of knee pain. It's quite clear that my setup is not right!

Lower back - stem to long

Croth - Saddle position is wrong

Knee - Cleat positioning not right

Call me on 021 8634001 and we can help you

Dynamic Bike Fit in Tokai who are located at Trail and Tar's shop. They offer an excellent and professional bike fit services which include:

· Athlete Interview

· Cleat Adjustment

· Footbed Fitting

Not to be confused with Dinamic in Noordhoek, an authorized Retul bike centre. Confusing hey! :blink:

If i may, what are the charges for a bike setup/fitment the ergofit way?

You are looking at R 700 for an ErgoFit and R 950 for an ErgoMax which looks at foot alignment, and leg length discrepancy correction on top of the actual fitment.

I had ErgoFit at one of the big CT bike shops who then built my MTB up using these measurements, just days before Knysna races last year (my previous bike was stolen). The back pain I suffered during these 2 events proved that this system does not work for everyone.

Steve at CycleLab in Cape Town changed my stem and handlebars and did a new fitment - free of charge too. But its personal preference I guess. Trial and error as to what works for you.

Dan Grobler (biokenetics & cyclist himself) in Somerset West (he is opposite Vergelegen mediclinic)....a.f.a.i.k. he doesn't charge an arm & leg either!!

best money I EVER spend...no more lower back ache....

Yeah from long rides I have lekker pain in my lower back, and to top it off, I picked up an ltd... Not leka

· Athlete Interview

· Cleat Adjustment

· Footbed Fitting

Heard many complaints about her fittings.

· Athlete Interview

· Cleat Adjustment

· Footbed Fitting

I recently went there. Bec I heard she is good. She is a good person. But she seemed like very busy so I was a bit uncomfortable.. maybe only that morning.. hahaha

Edited by DJpak