Best Bike Fitment in Cape Town / Winelands area?

Rock Guy

Which is why I am such a fan of Irma .... she really checks a lot of parameters in setting up the bike for YOU .... then e couple of follow up messages, and a second visit after a few rides to tweak to YOUR needs.

The classic old inner seam = saddle height, then horizontal saddle ... yada yada .... thankfully there are so many better options today. When a shop wants to do one of these 10 minute setups ... RUN !!

We are very fortunate in the Cape. IRMA is one of couple of good people in the Northern suburbs.

Sports Science in the Southern suburbs, etc ....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enquired about availability and cost by all these contacts you guys shared, so lets see who comes back

Thanks

Yes correct and yes on the mtb, that goes without saying.

R795 for advanced ergofit, not bad at all.

This is the special they running

R795 for advanced ergofit, not bad at all.

This is the special they running

Also ask the fees for follow up sessions ....

A single fitment often work for regular riders.

Those getting back into cycling after years on the couch will need the odd fitment tweak as their bodies reajust to the new life style....

Also ask the fees for follow up sessions ....

A single fitment often work for regular riders.

Those getting back into cycling after years on the couch will need the odd fitment tweak as their bodies reajust to the new life style....

Will do

• 8 months later...

In terms of SADDLE FIT, are there any recommended places to go that deal specifically with this?

I've done a bike fit, a re-check of the fit, but my saddle is still the biggest issue. My saddle is the right size and I've played around with the height, and setting it more forward and back but after around 2 hours on the bike, my sit bones hurt like hell. So really need someone in Cape Town (I'm based in Southern Suburbs) who can help me out. 

Any suggestions?

Irma at IrmFit :thumbup:

Started off with a proper fitment session.  Then my distances started increasing .... about a year later I was "uncomfortable" on the saddle after long rides ....

I went back and she checked the various bikefit settings.  Then opened a drawer and started swopping out saddles until we found the correct one.  Interesting when you dont know the brand names, and can only comment on the "feel" of the saddle .....

1 hour ago, shahilj said:

In terms of SADDLE FIT, are there any recommended places to go that deal specifically with this?

I've done a bike fit, a re-check of the fit, but my saddle is still the biggest issue. My saddle is the right size and I've played around with the height, and setting it more forward and back but after around 2 hours on the bike, my sit bones hurt like hell. So really need someone in Cape Town (I'm based in Southern Suburbs) who can help me out. 

Any suggestions?

I had a fitment in Stellenbosch and they measured my sit bones and recommended a 143mm saddle. Longs story short, I couldn’t ride two days in a row and if I did a longer ride (2hrs plus) I was out for 5days. The pain was unbelievable and didn’t go away despite some perseverance. So get those measurements checked. 

Willem at Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth did te measure for me an recommended a 155mm. Worlds better. 

2 hours ago, shahilj said:

Any suggestions?

https://bikerumor.com/2020/02/06/review-pressure-map-saddle-fitting-to-join-the-gebiomized-secret-saddle-club/

Very highly rated and best tech wrt saddle pressure and fitment.

Gear change in Mowbray offer the service 

16 hours ago, Mike Mac said:

I had a fitment in Stellenbosch and they measured my sit bones and recommended a 143mm saddle. Longs story short, I couldn’t ride two days in a row and if I did a longer ride (2hrs plus) I was out for 5days. The pain was unbelievable and didn’t go away despite some perseverance. So get those measurements checked. 

Willem at Freewheel Cycology in Kenilworth did te measure for me an recommended a 155mm. Worlds better. 

Okay this is exactly me. 

Pain is only concentrated on exactly the sit bones. I've played around with the saddle and this has allowed me to ride maybe 80km but I am out for the week after that. Freewheel Cycology is pretty close by so will pop in to chat.