[Event] Bay City Cycle Tour

DMC007

Hi all

I've just entered this and in the confirmation email there's details for number collections.

I thought this was a PPA ride where we wear our PPA numbers?

Maybe collection is only for those without PPS numbers?

Thanks!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still need an event sticker to put on your PPA number. I wouldn't go out of my way to collect it though. Just get it on the morning.

Guest Frail4Life

I missed the other ride, for I was out of Town.

I see plenty of options to " pick up" Event sticker, less headache for the morning. Nice chance to browse over latest bikes.

You still need an event sticker to put on your PPA number. I wouldn't go out of my way to collect it though. Just get it on the morning.

I tried that on the Medallion, with the chaos of the registration ended up riding with my old seeding. I rather went in the week to fetch the new number, easier to eliminate the new seeding on the morning and then have to pin the number again.

I tried that on the Medallion, with the chaos of the registration ended up riding with my old seeding. I rather went in the week to fetch the new number, easier to eliminate the new seeding on the morning and then have to pin the number again.

Earlier post was referring to event sticker - not PPA seeded nr.

Difinitley get seeded nr from PPA during the week.

But that little race sticker goes quite quickly on the morning. :thumbup:

Cheers guys, of course I'd forgotten about the sticker....will definitely pick it up beforehand...its one of the few races I can have a 'lie-in' before!!

Windguru predicts a windy ride for us on Sunday.

SE in the lower to mid 30's, with gusts going into the 40's.

Leave those Deep Sections at home

Edited by Wannabe

Hi Guys

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion... PPA members ride with their PPA seeded numbers which, if you haven't received already, you can collect from PPA on the morning. You still require an entry sticker for the event. Those that entered online would have received an e-mail as to where they can "pre-register" and get their sticker before Sunday morning. Otherwise, registration opens at 5am on Sunday with the Tandems going off at 6am.

Hope this clarifies things.

Edited by BayCityCycleTour

Wow, what a great event! The Marshals were really good and on the ball today. They knew where to stand and made sure rider saftey was always the first priority! I think there my have even been less marshals but much more jacked up ones, leading to a great event.

After last weeks nightmare ride I dedcided to do some domestique duties for my parents and start in L group.

Ride was great fun and weather was good :)

Guest Frail4Life

Solo ride from the Back!

Started with the Back markers, no pics, camara did not work.

Worked together with a "E" rider till Slangkop where he dropped off.

I pushed on passing groups, working into the wind till Cape Point.

Coming through Fish Hoek I got lots of congestion from the slow moving motorists.

Hitting Boyes drive I found a "V" saying he had not ridden for a few years. I could see, very nearly taking out slow riders as he passed by shouting for them to move over.

Carring on to finish in 2h43.

Great workout for the day.

Edited by F_R_A_I_L

Race report from A-B group - first draft.

It started with a countdown which was great! Pace was good till okw, some riders got away but I think we caught most of them before Sun Valley.

Wind was a factor on Slangkop and leading up to Cape Point.

There was an attempted break leaving Simonstown...closed down very quickly by group.

Boyes Drive was a massacre for the group...many riders did not make the front group.

Thanks to the yellow jersey rider that helped paceline along Spaanschemaat.

At this point, the finish couldn't come quick enough. Did a 2:23 or thereabouts.

No mechanicals or incidents that I know of.

A great race, well marshalled and organised.

It was a brilliant ride today, well done BayCityCycleTour! :clap:

Your marshalls and traffic police did a great job at every single intersection. I shepherded 3 youngsters from the Temp group around the long route. It is ones 15th birthday today and it was his first road race. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present for him.