Nino Shurter and Philip Buys to partner up for Absa Cape Epic

News bot

Newly formed Swiss / South African duo Nino Schurter (27) and Philip Buys (24) will participate in this year’s Absa Cape Epic, which takes place from 23 to 30 March, for the first time as team Scott-Odlo Racing. The dramatic new route of the event, now in its eleventh year, will be as challenging as previous years.

Click here to view the article

I think Buys and Schurter will really compliment each other.Both tough as nails and a will to win.My team to watch.

Im not sure they will win it but I am sure of a stage win and maybe a overall podium. I also dont think they have a option from Scott to ride anything else but this size wheel bike. I may be wrong.

Im not sure they will win it but I am sure of a stage win and maybe a overall podium. I also dont think they have a option from Scott to ride anything else but this size wheel bike. I may be wrong.

I agree on the wheelsize, these guys have to ride the flavour of the month, how else are thy gonna sell the new wheel sizes - sure if you gave Buys the option he would have been on a 29er!

On that type of terrain surely 29er is optimum?

No reason to ride 27,5 other then marketing.

What has Nino ridden in the last Epics? He's often voiced his preference for 650B.

What has Nino ridden in the last Epics? He's often voiced his preference for 650B.

Yip, 100% he was on a 27,5.... and he has voiced his preference.... just hope he hasnt forced it on Phillip. Philip has raced on nothing other than 29er for a long while. Epic terrain vs. 29 .vs. 27,5?? We''ll see!!!

I'm not convinced that height is a big factor in wheel size when amongst average height people, but Phillip is also alot taller than Nico.

Edited by Bat-ass

Yep, gotta ride what the boss tells you to ride. If it puts the food on the table, you don't exactly have a choice.

Yep, gotta ride what the boss tells you to ride. If it puts the food on the table, you don't exactly have a choice.

Thing is though, Nino was quite involved in developing Scott's 650B bike.