IM Zurich

Grantc

I am likely gonna be in Switzerland at the end of July so I was thinking why not do IM Zurich - I am doing IMSA this year so would be able to benefit from all the training I have done.

Missus was super excited because she'd get to come along as well.

Got as far as the entry fee in the registration process.

CHF 765 + 6%admin fee = ZAR 9750 :eek: t

I guess it's IMSA for the next few years

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am likely gonna be in Switzerland at the end of July so I was thinking why not do IM Zurich - I am doing IMSA this year so would be able to benefit from all the training I have done.

Just do it, but dont tell your wife what you paid for the entry.

Awesome! After not being able to get an entry for Challenge Roth I settles for IM Zurich so will see you there. The wife is also doing the 5150 the day before so its going to be a great weekend all round.

Switzerland is super expensive and the exchange rate is not helping - start saving now!

Awesome! After not being able to get an entry for Challenge Roth I settles for IM Zurich so will see you there. The wife is also doing the 5150 the day before so its going to be a great weekend all round.

Switzerland is super expensive and the exchange rate is not helping - start saving now!

Hey hey will see u chaps there, my first "official" full iron man event (did zurich 70.3 a few years back).

Also tried to enter Roth but could not get an entry, its as bad as the epic...

Yeah its ridiculous the price...not sure how it compares to other IM races in Europe price wise

Don't forget your Swiss Tri license fee as well

Might also be there July but dunno about the race and swimming through winter here

Don't forget your Swiss Tri license fee as well

Might also be there July but dunno about the race and swimming through winter here

Good point, but I think if you have a SA tri license then you wont need to buy a swiss one day license

WINTER??????? :clap: come on....

Good point, but I think if you have a SA tri license then you wont need to buy a swiss one day license

WINTER??????? :clap: come on....

Still need a CH one, I had to get one even though I had a TSA.

Swimming in winter sucks ....... no way around that one

Still need a CH one, I had to get one even though I had a TSA.

Swimming in winter sucks ....... no way around that one

Bladdy swiss, I'm sure they not allowed to do that?

In outdoor pools for sure, surely CT has some indoor pools you can use....even boksburg had a 50m indoor public pool last I looked and a few 25 indoor (gym) pools.

Otherwise I might need someone to play enthusiastic spectator ala TDF and help me up the beast and heartbreak hills

In outdoor pools for sure, surely CT has some indoor pools you can use....even boksburg had a 50m indoor public pool last I looked and a few 25 indoor (gym) pools.

Otherwise I might need someone to play enthusiastic spectator ala TDF and help me up the beast and heartbreak hills

ahh the beast and heart break - the same ones as Rappenswil Jona. I totally under estimated those hills and very much regretted going with a 11-23

How does Visa's work for Germany? I need to go to Germany and France? Does the Shengen Visa cover both?

Yes but you need to let them know if the point of arrival and departure is different.

Still do except it's no longer heated. Money for this was diverted to cater for KFC meals at council functions.

How does Visa's work for Germany? I need to go to Germany and France? Does the Shengen Visa cover both?

You apply at the consulate of the country where you will be the longest, no internal border posts, a visum issued by a Schengen country allows you to go to all the other member states during the time that it is valid.No border posts into Switzerland either, but as you have noticed they have their own currency. I have noticed that the various countries are becoming very strict. The Spanish now require proof of a booking at a hotel/guest house etc for every single night of your intended stay in their country. You also have to visit the consulate or their appointed agents in person, they take fingerprints and photos and if you fit a certain profile they do a few more tests.

ahh the beast and heart break - the same ones as Rappenswil Jona. I totally under estimated those hills and very much regretted going with a 11-23

Yeah I told you about that, luckily I recced the course a few weeks before I did it and changed my rear cluster just because of the first hill.

Actually they are completely different hills on the full iron man, the swiss like to try keep the same names...have you noticed each town or city has a lot of the same street names?

Both races have one called the Beast, but 2 completely different hills. Think I've done this one in a road race before.

70.3 has one called "the witch" which was the first hill at +/- 10k, think it was supposed to be called the bitch...

Heart break hill is at the end of the full iron man cycle lap (2 laps), have not ridden it but I believe it is also a bitch... and being about 5 km from the end of each is well situated....

• 3 months later...

One month from now chaps....[insert kakking myself meme]

whose with :stupid:

Bliksem, had a terrible training run this weekend...really contemplating if its worth doing now :(