History of the Hub

Witkop

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones Kona used to organize?

Good memories, have a pic or two floating about. Might actually have one with PieBoy tagging along.

Anyone remember this? Back to 2008.

post-2-0-57146100-1393757651_thumb.jpg

I'll see if I can dig up some earlier shots.

yebo yes, i started on the Hub in 2007, left the country and my recovery password was linked to my work PC hence i lost my username.. :thumbdown:

Could it still be retrieved..? :clap:

I'm sure I saw Terry (Spinman) on some or other cycling program on TV recently ....

Terry has been living in Hermanus for a few years now. Owns an art gallery and makes a living painting.

He still goes to the Epic every year as one of their media liason staff.

Was really good - sorted by Sammajoor and there was rolling road closure for us with police motorbikes.

Oh yeah, it was nice to make the kids happy too.

Wonderwoman won the raffle for the merc convertible for the weekend.

Apart from me and maybe spinnekop and marius, can anyone remember when the hub all started? When lonestar had supercycling kill its discussion forum and had all of us move over to the hub?

What other historical things happened?

Rise of TCS and how it had to deal with the problems of being a team in the modern cycling community (fandicious?! and Colonel may remember this one)?

The great reset when most of us lost our accounts and had to start from ground zero?

The rise of Tumbleweed and TNT1( builder bob)

The rise, roast, renaming and disappearance of BigH

The great atheist thread?

have I missed something?

I remember this like it was yesterday,even brought a tear to my eye just thinking about the good old days.. ^_^

Back then it was alot less politics too.

I bought "Mrs colonel" bike from "Mr Colonel" a raliegh RC8000..lol, then sold it to "Ghisallio" which was sold to another hubber (cant remember his name) only for me to hunt him down and buy it back again.

is "Moonkyspoon" still on the forum .. :w00t: :whistling:

Wonderwoman won the raffle for the merc convertible for the weekend.

I remember that! She had it when she, Nancy Drew and I met for a ride at Breedts Nek.

In those day the offline community was as strong as the online community. We knew each other. I met Marius at a race in Somerset West, I was on a loan Scott and he did not have a clue who this Pretoriaaner was.....

Oh yes, the race/ride reports. Used to enjoy reading those. Marius used to right some right royal good ones.

Pantini posting pics of his face after he had ridden into a swarm of bees ..... :wacko:

Pantani's gold JPS Special bike, don't know why I remember that.

As the hub lurchers to its 10th year. MAybe we need to organise a few celebration rides. Sort of ride plus coffee and reminicence. So that the first ones can meet the rest and we can explore the "lost art of face to face".

I was thinking a sort of lap of groenkloof/fountains followd by a tour de Klapperkop finishing at a M&B of Cafe 41 for coffee and koek.

Anyone interested? If I get some names I will start a new thread with all the details.

Canaris/Konafan/Paddaman/Witkop