Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

I told you I don't want to get into legal debate, but please go get yourself a copy of this book. maybe it'll be able to explain to you that defences and claims of diminished capacity is not limited to murder charges and the principles remain the same.

post-38473-0-71549400-1393847344_thumb.jpg

A bit off topic, but you are making a lot of assumptions.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an excessive use of force. Pity about the attack being labeled cyclists vs motorists. A box is a box, regardless of whether they ride a bicycle or drive a car, but it's human nature to try and classify behaviour under an identifying characteristic. I would not have reacted in the same way, even if it was 10 water bompies.

Well I saw 3 guy's got a little number board on the back of his bike, so they might be a league riders, that narrows it down a bit..and explain the high testo levels ;)

Edited by Marius

This situation totally out of control.Traffic Dept should step in and limit the number of cyclists using the Campsbay - Seapoint , the Muizenberg - Fishhoek Route and the Chappies route especially over the weekends before the Cycle Tour .This will really suck as I train around Campsbay every day ,but maybe this will get the message across.

I see they keep deleting all reference to it

Looks like a busy day for them! Their 2 minutes of fame....!

Although I see there are a couple of proper choice comments on their Facepalm page!

What has been posted on Facebook, stays on Facebook (somewhere in a little corner of their data servers). Its like VD in Vegas, that sh#t stays with you.....

What a complete bunch of boneheads! This will end up on Facebook etc and we will be tarred with the same brush....

This is already on facebook and people are cussing cyclists the same way we cuss taxi drivers

Yeah, this was originally posted by a colleague of a friend of mine on Facebook, so I just dumped the link here.

This situation totally out of control.Traffic Dept should step in and limit the number of cyclists using the Campsbay - Seapoint , the Muizenberg - Fishhoek Route and the Chappies route especially over the weekends before the Cycle Tour .This will really suck as I train around Campsbay every day ,but maybe this will get the message across.

NOT the number of cyclists..but rather the WAY they ride...3/4 abreast...