Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

How to f*ck it up for all cyclists. So sad to see these idiots behave like this. There is no place for this behaviour in our sport.

You could not have said it better. I personally knows the person that made this clip. Shocking **** that us cyclist are capable when we think we bullet proof because we are a large number together,these guys are in the **** and they deserve so. p!ss poor behaviour and I have to be classified as a cyclist................not if this is what a cyclist do. Hope the law will take it's cause here.BTW my name s attach to the post........another problem I have with forums. Put your name next to your in put, I believe it's the right thing to do. Go well to my fellow cyclist with manners and integrity.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.png[/url]gummibear, on 04 March 2014 - 05:26 , said:

So...these guys have a fear for water.

Heaven help the poor cheer leaders if they spray water on these thugs at the Argus :w00t: :eek: :nuke:

Fear of water = hydrophobia

Hydrophobia = symptom of rabies

Rabies = a viral disease of the brain in humans and other animals, notably dogs.

Rabid dog = sure I've heard that term used on this thread somewhere.....?

Dear Amanda, PR, like comedy, is all about timing. Generally, a good time to not complain about the way 'taxi drivers' (as you've labeled anyone driving a van) treat cyclists is directly after a bunch of cyclists have violently attacked a taxi driver in an apparently unwarranted fashion.

Additionally, the cycling community would appreciate it if you didn't speak on their behalf anymore. Your enthusiasm is noted but you're not making us look good.

Also, proof read stuff before you hit the send button. Not only does it make your argument more coherent but even if the spelling and grammar is all correct you should be calm enough to realise sending it isn't a good idea by the time you've finished.

What a sensible rat :clap:

The point is that the mere action has evoked a lot of anger even here on the Hub. It ALWAYS is counterproductive. I will admit though I will like to have a few minutes of quality time alone with one or two of those skinny laaities. They (and Amanda) have destroyed a lot of the "feelgood" vibe of the Argus and the little reaching out that happens around this time.

so only 2 people have actually thought about this and replied.

what happened to all you hot shots who have the answers to everything, what would you do?

I didn't reply cause I don't wear spandex and your example isn't clear about what I'm being pelted with. If it is water I wouldn't care.

The reality is that should the driver of the vehicle decided to start driving, then who would have won,100kg's versus 2000kg? Faaaarking idiots like this that should be brought to justice.

Someone who actually tries to do something about the situation and not just jumps on the bandwagon and wants to hang the guys.

no one knows what really happened.

Yes it got violent but compared to other violence it really wasn't that bad, (No i do not condone it)

I am sure ALL of you have got really angry at motorist or anyone for that matter.

When you are in a mob and things start to happen its all too easy to join in.

Lets just wait to hear the story from more sides, not just the victim and a motorist who by the sounds of things was already negative towards cyclists.

Is every motor biker seen as a vigilante after that other guy got shot?

Uhm, the biker was killed, so likely the motorist should be viewed as the vigilante?

Hey, just as I'm allowed to have the rare moment of making sense, Peach is allowed to occasionally act like a chop.

I would rather have him pick a different thread for his trolling/"acting like a chop". This is a very "loaded" issue with lots of emotions flying around. I see this thread have already almost 65,000 views and I think a number of non-hubbers and non-cyclists are following this thread to see how cyclists are reacting to this.

slapping mirrors off cars is not violent

No, that's called destructive.

Violence is to another living organism.

I think Amanda's point (which she didn't really get across) was that cyclists are already frustrated and this frustration is mostly caused by taxi's. This little incident seems to have pushed this bunch over the edge.

Seeing as you all think I support their actions.

I do not condone mob mentality and violence in that regard,

but, I do think that in some situations a hiding is needed, If we had a justice system that worked my view would change as these offenders would be dealt with.

63 000 views + in record time

Now 64 000 and rising steeply.

Amazing exposure.

It was discussed on cycling talk show, Superb Cycling, as well this eve.