Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Gandalf is right and I agree with you 100 %

It is now their race  and not the guys doing the second lap .

It's really cool to see this from you main manne up front

That is my one gripe- apart from the traffic chaos...

Was my 2nd one this year on my mtb, did 4:39- but rode with (and waited for) my bil who did it on his SS. We were supposed to start 09:20 in LL, but were still stuck on N14 at 09:00, so parked on the highway and cycled to start... started in NN.

Very nice ride, except for those punks on roadbikes coming whizzing past us... every few km's there were blokes from later startgroups catching us. If you want to chase a number, then don't get into a gate with us okes at the back...please

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Txs for explaining SpecialK

Good bragging rights for the other three ladies though  :clap:

I see the 3 ladies "faster" than Marianne Vos have been removed from the Racetec results... 

That comment stream is a recruitment hotspot for those who run anger management classes :) and wow, no-one was free of the abuse being hurled!!!!

I am sure the question has come up before, but thought i'd ask anyway for a quick answer. 

I dont own a road bike and did the race on a full sus with off road tires and interested in the difference in the finish times should I do the race on a road bike?

Anyone done the race on each bike to compare results? 

I am sure the question has come up before, but thought i'd ask anyway for a quick answer. 

I dont own a road bike and did the race on a full sus with off road tires and interested in the difference in the finish times should I do the race on a road bike?

Anyone done the race on each bike to compare results?

Road bike is about 4km/h faster with same fitness level

I see only 21614 entrants finished the race, which is a very high rate of attrition if 33000 people entered. Wonder how many were DNF's and how many were DNS's. The sweep vehicles must have been full!

I see only 21614 entrants finished the race, which is a very high rate of attrition if 33000 people entered. Wonder how many were DNF's and how many were DNS's. The sweep vehicles must have been full!

As said on many threads, in my years of doing the race this year was the highest amount of people riding for a jol/support/cruise, I think the DNF figures are also high because many people rode to the race because they thought the parking and traffic would be worse, and so many people live near the finish so they just rode to the local pubs or rode home

Hi All

Does anyone know if all the results have been posted. I was entered in group CC and  started in group CC and cannot find my results.

I did not jump the start, not finish, take a short cut or anything else dodgy . In fact I finished with three other people and all of us were riding for the The Paige Project.

Last year I jumped my start accordingly my race was not recorded - perfectly understandable.

This year I played by the rules - promise..

MY RESULTS ARE REFELCTING, HOWEVER IN THE WRONG START BATCH.

Edited by Gavin D Smith

Nope, but here goes.

The Choc Cows.

I know some of them quite well, most of them really nice people with sincere intentions.

My issue lies with the arrogance some of them have.

At one stage on my second lap I saw a Choc Cow riding in to all the riders as they were struggling up Witkoppen, he showed no signs of slowing down.

He came down the hill shouting "Cow coming through, I need to help someone"

Now that is all fair and well, but at this stage I quite had enough of some of the Cows and some of the charity riders out there.

I must have heard "Cow on the road" "make way for a cow" "cow on the way, make way" and a few more I have forgotten by now.

They are also not the only guys doing charity type rides that thought they were anointed with water from the liquid Gold fountain.

Going up the R 55 a guy riding for the Husky group though it was ok to stand in the middle of the road and wait for his companion .

I understand you are riding for a cause, but every person out there is on the same mission, and that is  to survive and finish what they see as a "gruelling event"

My rant is not to belittle or drag groups and names through the mud, but more a case of it takes one or two bad apples to make an entire group look bad.

These are just two I mentioned of many .

I noticed one thing yesterday, those back-markers starting in UU/XX/WW and anywhere near the back, they are the people who make the event and one can only but take your hat off to them.

Now feel free to flame me.

ok, cap in hand, I rode for the huskies so ill apologise. I rode with the wife and did a lot of riding, waiting and pushing. but anyways sorry bud, hope it didn't mess with your race, silly mistake but most at the back are beginners.

Results are on the racetec website

If you can't find yours then query it with racetec, there is a link on the website

ok, cap in hand, I rode for the huskies so ill apologise. I rode with the wife and did a lot of riding, waiting and pushing. but anyways sorry bud, hope it didn't mess with your race, silly mistake but most at the back are beginners.

If it was you, thanks for owning up.

That said, my race was long over, it was on my second lap I saw one of the Husky fellas standing in the middle of the road, it's not a matter of slowing anyone down or affecting anyones race, it's a matter of pure safety and preventive collisions .